Author Topic: DJEnterpriseG problem  (Read 514 times)

Offline Tethys

• -=USF=- Co-Leader
  • Cookies: 89
DJEnterpriseG problem
« on: January 14, 2020, 08:44:27 PM »
Does anyone have this model in their install? I am having a problem that when I use this ship and perform a self destruct, going back into the MP menu to select a new ship, selecting any ship other than the DJEnterpriseG again will crash the game. I'm not sure if it's something on my end, which is why I came here to see if anyone can reproduce the issue on their side. It must be tested in multiplayer, the issue cannot be replicated in quickbattle. I removed access to the model for the moment and cannot reproduce it with any random ship testing, so I think something is not playing nice with the DJEnterpriseG... any help would be appreciated. In the meantime, I will redownload the model and reinstall it and see if that fixes anything, and if it does will compare the files to see whats messed up.

I checked the other 2 topics on here about it and I am testing a few things after I post this.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: DJEnterpriseG problem
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 04:50:33 AM »
you're not the only one looking for it.  I swear I had it on my main install and in archives, but, oddly, it doesn't appear in my archives.  I have a feeling it may be on my "bravo" install and archives, of which I cannot find either the hard drive or the tower I dropped it in for testing.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Tethys

• -=USF=- Co-Leader
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 09:55:25 AM »
Supposedly it's included with KM2011 but I can't remember if I had added it into my install. I know it's on gamefront.. https://www.gamefront.com/games/bridge-commander/file/dj-eclipse-1701-g

I don't remember it being available from the MP menu though... maybe XO menu when you get into game. I think I had to configure speciestoship and make a TGL entry with BCMP.. but I think you can do it with just speciestoship; the MP menu will just have ??? (if its the only ship added it will be the only ship saying ??? in place of its name)

I may elect to replace it with one of 3 ships: USS Polaris by WC (using my texture), DJ Velox class (Excelsior-A), or DJ Leonidas (DJRaptor) class... Ordered by probability. Since the E-G is a 25th century future ship, I believe that we need to replace it with one from the appropriate era. Polaris seems to fit the best, probably what will end up being used.

Spoiler: show

Offline Tethys

• -=USF=- Co-Leader
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 12:23:44 PM »
Something happened with one of the scripts, I reinstalled the fileset and its no longer crashing, however the icon did change to that of the Nebula class. So the crash problem is gone for now. The icon should be easy to fix.