Author Topic: Strange Problem After Editing HP  (Read 591 times)

Offline Wintersfrost

• Cookies: 1
Strange Problem After Editing HP
« on: July 05, 2020, 09:50:15 PM »
I've been trying out BC Remastered. I decided to edit the Vor'cha HP to make it more cannon. After editing HP, I encountered a strange problem. Perhaps the strangest problem in all the years I've had the game.

After editing the HP, my beams and torpedoes would fire at the enemy vessel from opposite me. As if there were a cloaked ship behind the attacking vessel at more than 50km away.

I've been editing HP for a long time now and became very proficient at it. Like I added blinking lights, shuttle bays etc. etc. All I did was remove a couple of torpedo launchers. Moved the main disruptor, cannons and torpedo tube to their stock locations. I deleted anything not be used from the global template to clean it up a bit.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Re: Strange Problem After Editing HP
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 11:14:20 PM »
Sounds like the location or angles might be off.  Can you post the hardpoint?  This is pretty difficult to diagnose without seeing it.

Offline Wintersfrost

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 10:50:01 PM »
Unfortunately, I can't due to a disaster I suffered with Windows 10 and my external HDD. I will try to recreate the changes  and upload the hp once everything is up and running normally again.

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 06:25:56 PM »
Sounds like a HP coordinate issue... maybe a mistype?