Author Topic: Federation Starbase Issues  (Read 788 times)

Offline vonfrank

• Cookies: 182
Federation Starbase Issues
« on: August 16, 2020, 01:12:45 PM »
Does anyone know what federation starbase model this is here in these images?

I've been using this model in my install for a while now, but an issue related to mis-aligned collision boxes has cropped up and I'd like to find the original download to compare files with.

Offline Erk

• never forget the name... Enterprise
  • Cookies: 5
  • Enterprise: boldness or readiness in undertaking
Re: Federation Starbase Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 11:10:32 AM »
I think its this one: https://www.gamefront.com/games/bridge-commander/file/tu-federation-starbase

Im also having issues with the collisions. Im replaying the campaign with the KM mod and docking/undocking seems to be an automatic collision course. Im going to try re-installing it.

Offline vonfrank

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 11:38:36 AM »
I think its this one: https://www.gamefront.com/games/bridge-commander/file/tu-federation-starbase

Im also having issues with the collisions. Im replaying the campaign with the KM mod and docking/undocking seems to be an automatic collision course. Im going to try re-installing it.

Yep, that's the one. Thanks!

But now I'm even more confused. Installing this base in my install (overwriting the stock base model, ship script, and hardpoint script) still gives me this strange collision issue. My ship hits an invisible wall when I try to manually fly in the door. But docking automatically still works....

What else could be causing this problem (which only suddenly started occurring) other than the model or ship scripts?

Sometimes modding BC can be an exercise in frustration.

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 02:43:55 PM »
On a side note, we had similar issues with SPMod.  You couldn't just add any old modded Starbase in unless it matched stock model precisely. (I know...I tried  :funny)

Baz valiantly spent time matching his updated SB model (in video below)  precisely to the original stock....so that should work perfectly in any modded stock game, KM, etc.

Offline vonfrank

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 07:40:41 PM »
On a side note, we had similar issues with SPMod.  You couldn't just add any old modded Starbase in unless it matched stock model precisely. (I know...I tried  :funny)

The thing is though, it did work perfectly up until recently. You can see it functioning correctly in my BC remastered playthrough I posted on YouTube a few years back. Ships could fly in and out of the door manually with no bizarre collision issues. Now, after further game modification, it no longer works. The problem is, I have no idea when specifically it stopped working, therefore I don't know what I changed that broke it.

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2020, 09:23:55 AM »
What was the further game modification?    Sounds like it might be a scripting issue. 

Offline vonfrank

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2020, 12:15:44 PM »
Necroing my own thread, but this glitch is driving me crazy.... I cannot figure it out.  :banghead:

Even installing a fresh copy of TU's Starbase as a completely separate scripted base from the starbase that was already in my mod, there is still the collision issue. It's in single player missions AND in Quick Battle. Any ship, even a tiny shuttle, flying through the giant open door collides with an invisible wall.

There has to be some script somewhere in the game's installation that has lead to this problem. But what could it be???

EDIT:

SOLVED THE PROBLEM!
If "Internal Damage Res" in the ship's script file is set to anything other than 0 for large objects like the starbase, you will get these bizarre collision issues.

Code: [Select]
pLODModel.AddLOD(pStats["FilenameHigh"], 10, 15000.0, 150.0, 0.0, 200, 2000, "_glow", None, "_spec")
(4th number in the above code)

Changing these vales for all bases back to the stock vales of 0 solves the problem. The only side effect seems to be visible hull damage on bases now looks worse, but that's a small price to pay for solving this really annoying glitch.