Author Topic: Changing Game Resolutions / Pulse Quantum DJSupremus issue  (Read 2181 times)

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
Re: Changing Game Resolutions / Pulse Quantum DJSupremus issue
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2020, 04:01:49 PM »
what does the console report say when you try to fire those weapons?
could just be as simple as making sure the hardpoint itself is calling for the exact pulse quantum torps in the Projectiles folder...  if they dont match, they dont fire...
a console report would help...

I've already checked the console report and there's nothing there that I see that signifies an issue. I've also checked the hardpoint and made sure that the pulse quantums are correctly being pulled to the associated weapon HP.

But now I have another bigger problem, my vid card just took a dump so I can't do anything. Really pisses me off!

Offline Haxxor1337

• Cookies: 11
    • .~*BC - Galaxy*~.
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2020, 03:22:56 AM »
Do you mean that the mod works for you or that the pulse quantums work for you? I can't tell by your screenshots.

I wonder if there might be a setting within KM that turns on the pulse quantum feature that may have accidentally been turned off?

Let me know specifically what works for you.

No errors!
i can use all Weapons without problems.

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2020, 03:57:55 PM »
II've uploaded the console tracker dump reports for 3 of my BC installs.

- BC KM - No pulse quantums
- BC 2 - Occasional cmd prompt appears stopping gameplay (especially after a battle) and I have to type "resume" to get back to the game and keep playing.
- BC 4 - Same problem as BC 2

I don't know if the console reports will be of any help but here they are just in case anyone can make sense of anything that tells of any errors that hopefully can be fixed.

Also, I've attached a Custom/Ships py file for the WC Nemesis Enterpise E that I just tried to install. When I launched the game, I got the blackscreen/cursor. I narrowed down the problem to this file as when I removed it, the game worked. I looked over the text in the file very carefully and could not find the reason this is not making the game start. I even compared it to another ships py file and except for the names of the ships, they looked identical. If anyone can look at this as well and see if they find something that I didn't see and perhaps fix the issue, that would be awesome.

Thanks!

Offline Haxxor1337

• .~*BC - Galaxy*~.
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2020, 04:16:40 AM »
II've uploaded the console tracker dump reports for 3 of my BC installs.

- BC KM - No pulse quantums
- BC 2 - Occasional cmd prompt appears stopping gameplay (especially after a battle) and I have to type "resume" to get back to the game and keep playing.
- BC 4 - Same problem as BC 2

I don't know if the console reports will be of any help but here they are just in case anyone can make sense of anything that tells of any errors that hopefully can be fixed.

Also, I've attached a Custom/Ships py file for the WC Nemesis Enterpise E that I just tried to install. When I launched the game, I got the blackscreen/cursor. I narrowed down the problem to this file as when I removed it, the game worked. I looked over the text in the file very carefully and could not find the reason this is not making the game start. I even compared it to another ships py file and except for the names of the ships, they looked identical. If anyone can look at this as well and see if they find something that I didn't see and perhaps fix the issue, that would be awesome.

Thanks!

Requirements:

Kobyashi Maru 1.0 (recommended)
Mvam (also in KM)
Submenu Mod (also in KM)
NanoFx 2.0 Beta (also in KM)

DropBox: Download TNG WC Nemesis Enterprise E v.1.0

GoogleDrive: Download TNG WC Nemesis Enterprise E v.1.0

I test it on KM and it works.

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2020, 04:32:20 AM »
Thanks for the download link, I'll give it a try.

Another question: I have BC KM installed on a separate PC as well as the one I'm having pulse quantum troubles with - which is on a newer PC. If I copy the KM from the other PC and paste it over the main KM that I play with (the one with the issue), it won't delete any new mods that I've installed on that KM correct? I ask because the KM on the other PC has working pulse quantums and it would probably fix the KM that has the issue but the KM that has the issue has some newer mods in it that I don't have in the other, older install of KM.

Offline Haxxor1337

• .~*BC - Galaxy*~.
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2020, 08:24:29 AM »
I guess its a mod incompatibility.

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2020, 04:33:03 AM »
Is there anyone else that's experienced the pulse quantums not working on KM or non-KM installs?

If possible, I'd really like to fix this issue.

Update 9/15/2020: Fixed the problem.

Offline Haxxor1337

• .~*BC - Galaxy*~.
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2020, 07:06:16 PM »
Update 9/15/2020: Fixed the problem.

Hey, fixed now? What was the Problem  :vb_how:

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2020, 12:18:33 AM »
Hey, fixed now? What was the Problem  :vb_how:

It was silly actually, it's been so long since I played the game that I forgot to change one of the game settings that firing disruptors also fires pulse weapons!  :funny  :hithead:

Offline Haxxor1337

• .~*BC - Galaxy*~.
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2020, 04:40:54 AM »
It was silly actually, it's been so long since I played the game that I forgot to change one of the game settings that firing disruptors also fires pulse weapons!  :funny  :hithead:

:funny

Okay  :P

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2020, 11:17:42 AM »
im gonna go ahead and lock this thread since the Supremus issue was solved.
any other problems can go into their own separate threads to make referring to easier :)