Author Topic: Changing Game Resolutions / Pulse Quantum DJSupremus issue  (Read 2180 times)

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
Changing Game Resolutions / Pulse Quantum DJSupremus issue
« on: August 24, 2020, 01:42:52 PM »
Hi all, I've recently started playing BC again after a nearly 4 year absence. My question: The game is limited to 1280x1024 as the highest screen res. I have several installs of BC that I use for different mods and my KM install allows for higher resolutions such as 1920x1080. I would like to also have that option for my other BC installs that are not KM. Where in the scripts can I change that to add higher res to the game and is that even possible to do?

Thanks!

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 03:30:53 PM »
Thanks for the reply! I'll check it out.

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 12:57:16 PM »
The method didn't work for my install. I followed it to the letter and nothing.

Offline Haxxor1337

• Cookies: 11
    • .~*BC - Galaxy*~.
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 03:05:21 PM »
The method didn't work for my install. I followed it to the letter and nothing.

1. BC Clean install 1.1 Patch?

2. When u start BC - Blackscreeen and Cursor???

or another error?

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 06:55:47 PM »
- BC Clean Install 1.1 Patch - YES

- Blackscreen & Cursor - NO

- Another Error - YES, "The program has stopped working"

Offline Haxxor1337

• .~*BC - Galaxy*~.
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 06:42:12 AM »
Backup ur old Files

goto: scripts\Icons
Delete LCARS_640.pyc

goto: scripts\Tactical\Interface
Delete WeaponsDisplay.pyc

goto: BC dir
backup options.cfg
replace it.

Download and replace old files.

#.cfg is included in the RAR file
#Download below the post  :vb_how:

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 07:02:34 PM »
I'll give it another try with your instructions.

Here's a cookie for all your diligence!

Update: for the downloads, I keep getting stupid dating or credit card sites! I just want the freaking files and that's it! Any suggestions?

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2020, 07:36:24 AM »
Update: for the downloads, I keep getting stupid dating or credit card sites! I just want the freaking files and that's it! Any suggestions?

BC-Central links?
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2020, 11:00:03 AM »
The original links provided by Haxxor1337 were not BC-Central links... I don't know what they were but I kept getting those other trash sites. The new link that was provided now gave me the correct file.

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2020, 12:54:37 PM »
Hey, it finally worked! Thanks so much for all the help!

Now I have another problem, I recently added the DJSupremus to my BC Kobayashi Maru install and for some reason, pulse quantums don't work anymore for any of my installed ships that have that feature. I know that the Supremus has pulse quantums as I have it installed in one of my other BC installs and they work fine... but for some reason, they stopped working in KM.

Note: before I installed the Supremus in KM, any other ship that had pulse quantums worked fine. Once again, any help to fix this would be appreciated!

Offline Haxxor1337

• .~*BC - Galaxy*~.
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2020, 12:54:38 PM »
Hey, it finally worked! Thanks so much for all the help!

Now I have another problem, I recently added the DJSupremus to my BC Kobayashi Maru install and for some reason, pulse quantums don't work anymore for any of my installed ships that have that feature. I know that the Supremus has pulse quantums as I have it installed in one of my other BC installs and they work fine... but for some reason, they stopped working in KM.

Note: before I installed the Supremus in KM, any other ship that had pulse quantums worked fine. Once again, any help to fix this would be appreciated!

:hi:
scripts\Tactical\Projectiles
Delete Dur_PromQuantumTorpedo.pyc

in your km installation

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2020, 03:59:48 AM »
scripts\Tactical\Projectiles
Delete Dur_PromQuantumTorpedo.pyc

in your km installation

Did that but didn't fix the issue.

Offline Haxxor1337

• .~*BC - Galaxy*~.
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2020, 02:27:12 AM »
Did that but didn't fix the issue.

Can u Upload the Supremus ?
I will test it on my installation :)

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2020, 02:40:10 AM »
I'll do that but bear in mind that I have multiple installations of BC on my PC. I have the Supremus installed on a 2 of those BC installations and on one of them, the pulse quantums are working perfectly. Only on my BC KM install are the pulse quantums not working. That goes for any other ship I have installed in BC KM as well. Before I installed the Supremus, the pulse quantums on any ship worked correctly, after the Supremus, that feature stopped working. I'll upload the Supremus tomorrow, it's late for me right now and I'm dead tired :wink:

BTW, if you've never had the Supremus I think you'll really like that ship. It's awesome and one of DJ Curtis's earliest mods for this game. I've been on BCC since 2004 and only recently came back after a nearly 4 year absence.I have MANY mods installed and quite a few that I'm planning on still installing.

BTW, I have one more new problem now (they never stop!), on one of my other non-KM installs, I'm getting the black screen/cursor. It was working fine just yesterday but now, for some reason, I get the black screen/cursor. Of course, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

Offline Haxxor1337

• .~*BC - Galaxy*~.
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2020, 03:04:40 AM »
I'll do that but bear in mind that I have multiple installations of BC on my PC. I have the Supremus installed on a 2 of those BC installations and on one of them, the pulse quantums are working perfectly. Only on my BC KM install are the pulse quantums not working. That goes for any other ship I have installed in BC KM as well. Before I installed the Supremus, the pulse quantums on any ship worked correctly, after the Supremus, that feature stopped working. I'll upload the Supremus tomorrow, it's late for me right now and I'm dead tired :wink:

BTW, if you've never had the Supremus I think you'll really like that ship. It's awesome and one of DJ Curtis's earliest mods for this game. I've been on BCC since 2004 and only recently came back after a nearly 4 year absence.I have MANY mods installed and quite a few that I'm planning on still installing.
ok  :)
BTW, I have one more new problem now (they never stop!), on one of my other non-KM installs, I'm getting the black screen/cursor. It was working fine just yesterday but now, for some reason, I get the black screen/cursor. Of course, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1. code error in a modifed .py
2. error in a save file

there are 2 main reasons.... Did u install new mods on ur nonKM installation? when yes: which one?

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
Re: Changing Game Resolutions / Pulse Quantum DJSupremus issue
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2020, 03:35:15 AM »
Here's he Supremus.

Note that I've tweaked the HP and added speculars to the textures as this is my personal modded version of this ship.

Please let me know once you install it in your KM if the pulse quantums stop working. If they still work, then we can continue troubleshooting my KM with some other ideas.

Offline Haxxor1337

• .~*BC - Galaxy*~.
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2020, 06:50:03 AM »
Here's he Supremus.

Note that I've tweaked the HP and added speculars to the textures as this is my personal modded version of this ship.

Please let me know once you install it in your KM if the pulse quantums stop working. If they still work, then we can continue troubleshooting my KM with some other ideas.

works for me.

test it on km

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2020, 12:50:49 PM »
Do you mean that the mod works for you or that the pulse quantums work for you? I can't tell by your screenshots.

I wonder if there might be a setting within KM that turns on the pulse quantum feature that may have accidentally been turned off?

Let me know specifically what works for you.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2020, 01:22:48 PM »
what does the console report say when you try to fire those weapons?
could just be as simple as making sure the hardpoint itself is calling for the exact pulse quantum torps in the Projectiles folder...  if they dont match, they dont fire...
a console report would help...