Author Topic: Bridge Commander Universe - Old Forum Ranks  (Read 436 times)

Offline TK421

• Cookies: 0
Bridge Commander Universe - Old Forum Ranks
« on: April 30, 2021, 04:17:09 PM »
Hi,

I have been a fan of the game Bridge Commander for not quite 2 decades now. BCC is one of my favorite sites. Before BCC, I frequented an old website called Bridge Commander Universe, a precursor to this website for BC modding.

One thing that distinguished BCU from other websites, some of which are still active today, is the inclusion of high quality forum ranks and images that represented a complete rank structure for many Starfleet departments and alien races, each contained in its own usergroup for easy switching.

While the Starfleet rank images were contemporary RPG style images found on many websites, for example Tango fleet and Bravo fleet, many of the alien ranks were tailor-made to match the quality and esthetic of these starfleet rank images, and appear to be unique to BCU.

The level of detail was impressive as Borg, Dominion, Obsidian Order and other races could be selected by the user after attaining a certain number of posts. This gave the BCU a bit of an RPG feel.

There was complete rank equivalency so that you could, for example, see the Borg version or Dominion version of a Lieutenant Commander or Admiral. For the Dominion, the ranks of Vorta and Founder were included.

An archive has been retained for the old BCU at

https://archive.kontek.net/bridgecommander.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com/phpBB/viewtopic104a.html?t=24131&sid=99d5d4ef74481028ff61c5db59bc001e

This archive is incomplete and sadly the ranks page, including the rank lists and images, is not included. This is unfortunate given the quality and standardization of each alien and starfleet rank offered to the BCU users in a clean and simple style.

May I ask if any of the BCU veteran users on this site had succeeded in saving this BCU forum ranks page before the site closed? If so, could you upload this webpage here to BCC?

Thank you for your time,

tk421