Author Topic: Missing/Strange Textures  (Read 651 times)

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
Missing/Strange Textures
« on: July 20, 2021, 11:52:14 PM »
There are 3 different ships in my install that have missing or partial textures showing. I have experience in modifying the scripts/ships .py file and tried to add a glow for these ships... which I've been successful in doing so in the past with other ships but for some reason, it's not working on these 3 particular ones. I've also deleted the .vox and .pyc files to refresh them the next time I start the game but that didn't fix the issue. Regarding the Federation TOS Dreadnought, only the Bussard collectors and the Bridge dome are missing the textures. For the Excalibur, it seems I have the speculars but not the colored hull textures. And for the Valley Forge, everything is missing 

Am I missing something? Any help is appreciated.

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
Re: Missing/Strange Textures
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 06:54:41 PM »
figured it out but unfortunately, there's not really a fix.

The problem has to do with Nano FX 2.0 and the "Bright Glow Fix". When enabled, the textures look correct. When disabled, the textures are there but they all looked very washed out. Interesting that it only affects those particular mods as all my other installed ships look perfect with the Bright Glow Fix disabled, except for these specific ship mods.

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 10:50:19 AM »
I don't understand why nano fx would cause this problem on those three ships  :s

They don't seem to have anything in common. Wileys excelsiors use high resolution textures, which was a problem for my mashine last I played, but the federation does not.

And shouldn't the glow fix only affect the glow textures?

This is confusing  :hithead:

Yeah, sorry: Apparently I have nothing worthwhile to add, just glad that you figured this out

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 02:12:53 PM »
I don't understand why nano fx would cause this problem on those three ships  :s

They don't seem to have anything in common. Wileys excelsiors use high resolution textures, which was a problem for my mashine last I played, but the federation does not.

And shouldn't the glow fix only affect the glow textures?

This is confusing  :hithead:

Yeah, sorry: Apparently I have nothing worthwhile to add, just glad that you figured this out

That's because Bridge Commander is a very fickle game. Sometimes it seems to me that BC literally has a mind and mood of it's own and decides on a whim whether to make something work correctly or not?!