Author Topic: Just bought a new copy of the game, any tips on running in windows 10?  (Read 523 times)

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
It's been a while since I've played BC, but I found a new copy of it on EBAY, and decided it was worth trying out again.  Does anyone have any advice to get it to run on a modern computer with windows 10?

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
Re: Just bought a new copy of the game, any tips on running in windows 10?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 03:21:56 PM »
Windows 10 (and Win 7) has a feature called "Compatibility Mode" that most times (but not always) will allow an older game to run on a newer OS. I have a dual-boot PC that has Win 7 & Win 10 on it and only run BC on the Win 7 partition. I've not tried BC on the Win 10 partition yet.

Here's what I would do:
1. After you install BC, try to launch it normally and see if it runs.
2. If not, then do the following:
- Right-click on the game icon and select Properties from the menu. ...
- Select the Compatibility tab and check the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for:
- Select the version of Windows to use for your game's settings from the drop down. ...
- Click Apply and run the application.

Hopefully that works for you.

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
Re: Just bought a new copy of the game, any tips on running in windows 10?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 09:30:37 AM »
Just chiming in with my info here, from experimentation I can tell you that IF you run the installer and it doesnt seem to run, find the process in task manager, right click it and click "analyze wait chain", a window will come up, kill any process from that windows that the installer is waiting for, this will allow it to install without further issues. also, be sure to install it somewhere other than the default directory, the windows permission issues have gotten worse with windows 10 in that regard. also if the game has trouble launching, try checking your monitors refresh rate and limiting BC to 60Hz through your GPU driver, it should run fairly well once that is sorted. Finally, if you can play BC and the camera is running smoothly, but everything else is choppy, run any windows updates you have and reboot, not entirely sure why but if you have queued  updates or a high system uptime on windows 10, BC runs weirdly and starts working normally after the update queue is cleared or the system uptime becomes a low number or some combination of both.