Author Topic: Bridge Commander Resolution Mod  (Read 1729 times)

Elijah

Bridge Commander Resolution Mod
« on: September 12, 2021, 07:43:13 PM »
Hello all,

Yesterday I put out a quick mod to allow Bridge Commander to run in wide screen 1920x1080 resolution, there are separate scripts for a stock 1.1 install or Kobayashi Maru 2011.10.  Check out the mod below and let me know if you have any issues!

https://www.gamefront.com/games/bridge-commander/file/bridge-commander-resolution-mod

-------------------------------------------------------

About Us:

This mod was created by Elijah and Gizmo, we are working on creating a new Bridge Commander Remastered and Enhanced mod project, this project will include many improvements to BC including properly integrated graphics options!

If you are interested in following our development, please come join our Discord server at:

https://discord.gg/N6z5puPpM5

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
Re: Bridge Commander Resolution Mod
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 12:48:10 PM »
Tried this but a few problems:

1. Got 1920x1080 resolution just fine except there was no sound.

2. Played Ouick Battle and any ship that exploded after the first match crashed the game. In other words, I played one initial quick battle game and destroyed my opponent, game was stable. However, the next quick battle game that I played I also destroyed my opponent and a DOS/Script window popped up and crashed the game. I quit the game, relaunched it and the same thing happened. Summary: the first match was fine, but any match thereafter crashed the game.

For reference, I installed this mod on a standard BC 1.1 with the most recent Nano FX.

Elijah

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 08:45:19 PM »
Tried this but a few problems:

1. Got 1920x1080 resolution just fine except there was no sound.

Not sure what would cause this issue, are you running in window or full screen mode? Did you check the windows volume mixer?

2. Played Ouick Battle and any ship that exploded after the first match crashed the game. In other words, I played one initial quick battle game and destroyed my opponent, game was stable. However, the next quick battle game that I played I also destroyed my opponent and a DOS/Script window popped up and crashed the game. I quit the game, relaunched it and the same thing happened. Summary: the first match was fine, but any match thereafter crashed the game.

For reference, I installed this mod on a standard BC 1.1 with the most recent Nano FX.

Can you post an image of what error is in the CMD window when the game crashes? The mod is only intended to work on top a clean 1.1 install or on top Kobayashi Maru 2011.10 install, no other configurations of mods are supported.

Offline Haxxor1337

• Cookies: 11
    • .~*BC - Galaxy*~.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 03:11:53 PM »
In a QuickBattle:

New Game:

"No sound"

Elijah

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 03:20:32 PM »
In a QuickBattle:

New Game:

"No sound"

I am not sure what you are trying to demonstrate here, the transparent menu background? That is an artifact of the 'hackyness' of this mod and is expected behaver.

If you are also saying you have no in game sounds, that is strange... what's your sound settings look like in game?

Offline Haxxor1337

• .~*BC - Galaxy*~.
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 03:40:24 PM »
I am not sure what you are trying to demonstrate here, the transparent menu background? That is an artifact of the 'hackyness' of this mod and is expected behaver.

Oh ok sorry :)

If you are also saying you have no in game sounds, that is strange... what's your sound settings look like in game?

Everything at 100%

When the game starts there is no sound.

BIK videos, Main menu everything

Offline Haxxor1337

• .~*BC - Galaxy*~.
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 03:44:41 PM »
I found the issue...

He's in your CFG

Your CFG:
[Sound]
StreamBufferSize|0
SFX Damping|0.500000
Voice Volume|0.800000
Voice Enabled|1
OutputRate|22050
Sound Enabled|1
Music|1
StreamMusic|1
Music Volume|0.600000
SFX Volume|1.000000
ProviderReserveList=
OutputBits|16
StreamVoices|0

New:
[Sound]
StreamBufferSize|0
SFX Damping|0.500000
Voice Volume|1.000000
Voice Enabled|1
OutputRate|22050
Sound Enabled|1
Music|1
StreamMusic|1
Music Volume|1.000000
SFX Volume|1.000000
ProviderReserveList=LowQualitySoftware
OutputBits|16
StreamVoices|0

Elijah

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2021, 04:59:25 PM »
Oh ok sorry :)

Everything at 100%

When the game starts there is no sound.

BIK videos, Main menu everything

In that picture it seems that no 'Sound Quality' is selected, it should look like the below picture. Try clicking on 'Low Quality Software'

Offline Haxxor1337

• .~*BC - Galaxy*~.
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2021, 03:39:30 AM »
i clicked it and it worked.
in your CFG this value is not defined, so there is no sound

Elijah

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2021, 04:57:06 AM »
i clicked it and it worked.
in your CFG this value is not defined, so there is no sound

yeah, in my testing it auto populated when launching the game. I guess not all values auto populate for all things on everyone's PC. Simple solution would be to just select that audio option after installing the scripts and config file.

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2021, 09:14:43 PM »
I've decided to transfer all my standard BC installs to an older but still very capable PC of mine where I can run the game at 1280x1024 resolution. Since that was a native res for the game, it's running, with very few exceptions, perfectly. I have my BC KM install still on my newer system that runs at 1920x1080 totally fine. The extra resolution options in KM work very well.

Offline A.Q.

• Cookies: 35
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2021, 12:03:52 AM »
Any plans on implementing higher resolutions (ie 1440)? All my efforts to do so - including editing the config as well as LCARS scripts - have failed with either a CTD or a reversion to the default 800x600 resolution, and I'm not even sure BC is capable of such high resolutions due to the age of the engine (and maybe also aspect ratios?)

But then, I'm not an expert.

Elijah

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2021, 04:49:04 PM »
I've decided to transfer all my standard BC installs to an older but still very capable PC of mine where I can run the game at 1280x1024 resolution. Since that was a native res for the game, it's running, with very few exceptions, perfectly. I have my BC KM install still on my newer system that runs at 1920x1080 totally fine. The extra resolution options in KM work very well.

Awesome, good to hear!

Any plans on implementing higher resolutions (ie 1440)? All my efforts to do so - including editing the config as well as LCARS scripts - have failed with either a CTD or a reversion to the default 800x600 resolution, and I'm not even sure BC is capable of such high resolutions due to the age of the engine (and maybe also aspect ratios?)

But then, I'm not an expert.

We are working on this for the STBC: Remaster and Enhancement Project, theoretically with the changes we're making you can have a 4K+ resolution. Here are some example screen grabs:
(PS: also have included the ability to adjust the FOV for space and bridge views)

Bridge in 4K

Spoiler: show

Space in 4K

Bridge 2K ultra wide

Space 2K ultra wide

Offline Haxxor1337

• .~*BC - Galaxy*~.
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2021, 04:50:43 PM »
 :Metal:
cooookie :)

Offline A.Q.

• Cookies: 35
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2021, 10:38:01 PM »

We are working on this for the STBC: Remaster and Enhancement Project, theoretically with the changes we're making you can have a 4K+ resolution. Here are some example screen grabs:
(PS: also have included the ability to adjust the FOV for space and bridge views)

That's actually quite amazing. Have a cookie :)