Author Topic: How to find console report for quantum torpedo firing crash?  (Read 755 times)

Offline duodsg

• Cookies: 1
How to find console report for quantum torpedo firing crash?
« on: September 15, 2021, 06:09:03 PM »
Hey all, I recently picked up the GOG re-release of STBC and I'm encountering crashes in the same place as the last time I tried to play the game on W10 a few years ago but I'm hoping to troubleshoot it further.

It happens immediately when my ship fires a quantum torpedo at the very beginning of the second battle in E3M4 (Tactical officer fires a quantum, then crashes to desktop with no popup warning). It happens every time whether mods are installed or not.

Searching the forums, I keep seeing ancient references to a stickied thread in this forum with instructions on how to get a console report (so I can then see if there is a targeted fix for the issue or not), but the thread doesn't exist so I'm stuck.

Does anyone have instructions on how to get a console report so I can nail down the issue? Thank you in advance!

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
Re: How to find console report for quantum torpedo firing crash?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 10:17:01 PM »
Hey all, I recently picked up the GOG re-release of STBC and I'm encountering crashes in the same place as the last time I tried to play the game on W10 a few years ago but I'm hoping to troubleshoot it further.

It happens immediately when my ship fires a quantum torpedo at the very beginning of the second battle in E3M4 (Tactical officer fires a quantum, then crashes to desktop with no popup warning). It happens every time whether mods are installed or not.

Searching the forums, I keep seeing ancient references to a stickied thread in this forum with instructions on how to get a console report (so I can then see if there is a targeted fix for the issue or not), but the thread doesn't exist so I'm stuck.

Does anyone have instructions on how to get a console report so I can nail down the issue? Thank you in advance!

Hi There, Welcome to the BCC forums! :hi:

Here is a link to a useful mod called Console Tracker. This will compile information on what caused your modded install to crash. Please attach your findings here. it will give more experienced scripters an easier glance at what is going on.

* Console Tracker v1.7:
https://www.gamefront.com/games/bridge-commander/file/console-tracker-1

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Elijah

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 11:39:59 PM »

Have you attempted to run the game in window mode?

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 05:01:46 PM »

If it's when you launch a torp, it suggests a problem with one or more torp files. Try using the GOG file-checker functionality to fix/repair files (assuming your install is unmodded)