Author Topic: Bridge Commander Remastered - V1.1 Release  (Read 1126 times)

Offline vonfrank

• Cookies: 182
Bridge Commander Remastered - V1.1 Release
« on: September 17, 2021, 11:45:28 PM »
With the release of V1.2 of my Remastered Mod, I want to create a fresh new thread.

Bridge Commander: Remastered creates a screen-accurate and canon compliant (as much as possible) enhancement of Bridge Commander that greatly expands the combat options in Quick Battles while also allowing for the Single-Player story to still be fully playable.

All stock ships and bridges have been replaced with the most detailed versions available from our modding community. To accompany them, all ships have been given new custom and balanced hardpoints that makes every ship in the game feel 'realistic' to what is shown in the Star Trek series and movies.

==DOWNLOAD LINKS==
Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/startrekbridgecommmander/mods/4012
Moddb: https://www.moddb.com/games/star-trek-bridge-commander/downloads/bridge-commander-remastered

EXTRA SPECIAL THANKS:

Elijah

Gizmo_3

Capt.Sedaris

==FEATURES==

-Fully playable and enhanced single player campaign.
-43 new ships form across Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, & the Star Trek TNG Movies.
-Top quality 3D models & textures for both new and stock ships.
-New and screen accurate weapon hardpoints for all ships and stations.
-Defiant, Excelsior, and Intrepid class playable bridges.
-New Galaxy & Sovereign class bridges.
-New Klingon, Romulan, & Cardassian background bridges.
-New sound and weapon effects.
-New combat regions.
-1920x1080 widescreen support.

V1.1
New Features:
-Added Federation Luna Class
-Added Federation Constitution Class
-Added Federation Constitution Class Refit
-Buffed weaponry of Dominion Founder
-Buffed weaponry of Breen cruiser
-Upscaled intro and ending movies to 1080p @30fps
-Added proper damage icon mapping to all ships
-Removed over 200mb of unused files to reduce overall RAM usage

Bug Fixes:
-Fixed issue where starbase hitboxes were larger than the actual hull
-Fixed issue where numerous ships would not display their specular maps
-Reduced visual size of Vorcha & Neghvar's Ion Cannon projectile
-Added proper Master Systems Displays for USS Berkely & USS Geronimo
-Added proper lighting to Deep Space and QuickbattleRegion system maps
-Fixed balancing of Episode 3 Mission 2 by nerfing the Romulan attackers
-Corrected numerous ship description errors

==INSTALLATION==

1. Install the stock version of Bridge Commander either from your original disc or from the newly released GOG version.
2. If you use the GOG version, skip to step 4.
3. If you are using the original disc, Install the 1.1 patch available here: https://www.moddb.com/games/star-trek-bridge-commander/downloads/star-trek-bridge-commander-v11-patch.
4. Go to your Bridge Commander installation directory and DELETE the "data", "scripts", and "sfx" folders.
5. Copy the contents of the "Bridge_Commander_Remastered" zip folder into your Bridge Commander installation directory.
6. Run the game.
7. If your desktop supports 1920x1080 resolution, the game will start with that display setting automatically. If not, editing of "options.cfg" with Notepad++ is required to manually adjust the resolution to your preference. 1280x1024 and 1600x1200 are alternative supported resolutions.

==KNOWN ISSUES==

* Multiplayer is buggy. Occasionally, the game will throw an error message for file mismatches even if the installs are identical.
* During story missions, the Sovereign's Quantum torpedoes will become silent after completing one mission and moving to the next. If selecting a mission from the "Mission Select" feature on the main menu, the sound returns.
* In Quick Battle, selecting the Sovereign bridge and then switching to another bridge afterwards will leave the Sovereign's view screen behind. Exiting and restarting Quick Battle removes the issue.
* Due to the game's old engine, Quick Battle missions with very large numbers of ships can cause game errors and crashes. Limiting Quick Battles to 20 ships or less is ideal, but the number varies greatly depending on what ships are selected.
* RAM usage can be high for the old game engine. It is recommended to install the 4GB address aware patch to the .exe (make a backup first!) if you have frequent crashes mid-game. This patch is universal and works for many old games. Get it here: https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371
* A few Federation ships do not yet have the correct hull IDs. A notable example is the Sovereign displaying the markings of the Enterprise.

Offline CMDR CHESS

• Cookies: 3
  • "With the first link, the chain is forged..."
Re: Bridge Commander Remastered - V1.1 Release
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 09:39:51 PM »
One Little Question. How do I get it Full screen, is it my 32" 1440? Or is there something I would have to do in my system to adjust for it?
Because I opened the options with notepad and saw a 0 for Full screen, but I change it to 1 and won't launch the game. By the way, for what I have seen so far it is good. kind of an updated version of Supermod.

Offline vonfrank

• Cookies: 182
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 02:03:27 AM »
One Little Question. How do I get it Full screen, is it my 32" 1440? Or is there something I would have to do in my system to adjust for it?
Because I opened the options with notepad and saw a 0 for Full screen, but I change it to 1 and won't launch the game. By the way, for what I have seen so far it is good. kind of an updated version of Supermod.

Editing oprions.cfg with notepad usually corrupts it. You have to edit it with a program like Notepad++ or somethign similar.

Playing windowed borderless is typically the most stable option for this game anyway.

Offline tmny1

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 02:59:10 AM »
thank you so much for this mod

Offline Haxxor1337

• Cookies: 11
    • .~*BC - Galaxy*~.
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2021, 07:19:07 PM »
Thanks for your great work!  :Metal:

Offline Digital_Clarity

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 12:36:33 PM »
Could you tell me what models you're using for the Constellation, Constitution, Constitution Refit and Miranda? Just want to make sure I have those models in case I want to change something in the hardpoint or use a different registry. By the way, love this mod.  :)

Anyone know cause also want to make sure I swap over the right registries i.e. Miranda is Reliant. I want to change it to a different registry but make sure I use the correct tga from the ship pack it came from.