Author Topic: Phaser Texture Problem  (Read 728 times)

Offline Digital_Clarity

• Cookies: 3
Phaser Texture Problem
« on: March 08, 2022, 08:24:46 AM »
I have a phaser texture problem with one of my port phasers on the Ambassador-class in VonFrank's BC - Remastered. All the other phasers fire normally and everything looks OK in MPE. As you can see in the first pic, the port nacelle phaser is perfect in linear fasion while the port dorsal phaser is altered.

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
Re: Phaser Texture Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 04:56:39 PM »
Looks like that particular phaser property in the .py hardpoint file has a different setting or texture applied.

See if you can find and open the .py file in Notepad and look for that specific parameter to see if it matches all the other phasers that look uniform.

Offline Digital_Clarity

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 11:42:41 PM »
Here's a copy of the .py. I already took a look at it in MPE because it's a lot easier to look at the properties in that program rather than Notepad++. I'm using phaser27d as the texture. I didn't see anything abnormal. Maybe you guys could take a look at it?

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2022, 06:33:18 PM »
Try this.

Let me know if you have any problems.

If the phaser texture seems to be too "smooth" looking on the phaser beam or moving too slowly on the beam, Let me know and I'll teach you how to modify that. Otherwise, if you feel it looks good, then we'll just leave it alone.

Offline Digital_Clarity

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 10:35:15 PM »
I'm not sure what you did, but it worked. Thank you very much. I would still like to know what you did because I wasn't able to reproduce the effect with the original .py. I'm always trying to improve my MPE skills as well. I am assuming I can alter the speed with the value in the texture speed box. Could you also teach me how to make the beam more smooth, wider or more narrow if I wanted?

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 03:52:50 PM »
I'm not sure what you did, but it worked. Thank you very much. I would still like to know what you did because I wasn't able to reproduce the effect with the original .py. I'm always trying to improve my MPE skills as well. I am assuming I can alter the speed with the value in the texture speed box. Could you also teach me how to make the beam more smooth, wider or more narrow if I wanted?

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on this, life's been crazy busy. I'll see if I can take a look at the .py this weekend and give you a few pointers.