Author Topic: Casual Stuff  (Read 4271 times)

Offline Creative Inc

• Cookies: 11
Re: Casual Stuff
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2007, 07:58:29 AM »
The reason you're not getting a moving background is because you need to be looking through a camera. That, and you need to set the Starfield up to use the camera.

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2007, 04:51:02 PM »
The reason you're not getting a moving background is because you need to be looking through a camera. That, and you need to set the Starfield up to use the camera.
believe it or not, I was.
I used a camera to render two different frames spaced 5 frames so the motion was evident. and the background was still freezed.
I temporally fixed it: a BIG sphere with stars.tga in 2-sided map. I know, bad work there..... :P

Offline Creative Inc

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2007, 12:36:41 PM »
Well, that certainly is strange. Usually, when you're rendering through a camera, the starfield will animate...

Edit: Here's a video test render. I was testing my material setup; checking the reflections,glows and specularity. I'm using RapidShare because this board wouldn't let me upload a 2.5mb zip file. And since I'm going this route, you get it at full quality.

http://rapidshare.com/files/33773084/MatTest.avi

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2007, 11:44:11 AM »
I'll take a look at that vid once I get home. Rapidshare is disabled in this PC :(

have a look at the first version of the vid I'm making. this is supposed to be secret, but it's outdated anyways. this, if I remember correctly, was done on Adobe Premiere, so the whole video is a collage of different videos. Actually, the same sequence with new models, lighting and a new starfield is on the go.

http://files.filefront.com/intro1_view01mov/;7190179;/fileinfo.html

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
Test bed on GMax
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2007, 05:23:54 PM »
another scene of the same video. this is on GMax, which I used to set the animation that I'll copy on 3DS.
the phasers are supposed to disappear, but GMax is not that good handling transparency, so those orange lines that you see stucked there, are actually not there. same with the "shockwave" sphere.
.bik player required.

http://files.filefront.com/scene6bik/;7650646;/fileinfo.html

Offline Creative Inc

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2007, 05:43:00 PM »
Interesting stuff. I hate to say it, but GMax is seriously lacking...

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2007, 05:54:36 PM »
Interesting stuff. I hate to say it, but GMax is seriously lacking...
yep, but even so, I find it easier to handle than 3ds when it comes to just animate something, specially models like those.
for bridge scenes I'm forced to use 3ds, tho biped animation is something I'm still getting used on.