Author Topic: ST:BC Testing Camera...  (Read 4183 times)

Offline cordanilus

• Cookies: 608
Re: ST:BC Testing Camera...
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2007, 10:05:15 AM »
Code: [Select]
import MissionLib
MissionLib.GetPlayer().SetHidden(1)

Which script do I put this in?

Offline Mustang

• Resident Movie Critic
  • Cookies: 46
  • Muse Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2007, 10:27:25 AM »
@Cordanilus

Hey, this post is a continuation of the post over at BCS. You redirected me here, so:

"Okay, that is awesome, but how on earth do you get the camera to move so smoothly in the fly-bys? Do you move the mouse at all, and which camera mode are you in? I realize it's cinematic mode (F9), but which mode in cinematic mode? F5?"

Thanks.

Offline cordanilus

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2007, 10:37:35 AM »
Most of the angles I use are f5 and f2 in cinematic mode (f9).

Reason: Reverse Camera Angle shows the target camera facing your ship, keeping both in view.  F5 does the opposite, camera shows your ship and the camera is facing the target.  I also use f2, this way, I can simulate a fleet of ships moving.  In reality, that fleet isn't moving at all, the invisible camera is.

The camera moves so smoothly because when I use the s-video out on my video card, I use a video capture card on my other computer to record and it records with mpeg.  I don't have to set my AA as high since mpeg smoothens it out during recording.  Sometimes, speeding up the video 2x helps but 4x shows all the little adjustments in turning very well.

Offline cordanilus

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2007, 12:14:23 PM »
Was wondering of your thoughts on this.  Was trying out some close-ups while firing upon a cube.

ST:Eternity Test 1

RhVaurek

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2007, 03:51:02 PM »
 Very nice close ups there, your weapons were totaly ineffective it seems heh :D
 Really hated the music lol original bc music should be deleted and changed asap for anyone with bc I think, but as usual good angles I especialy liked the photons fireing at really close up to the tubes and your phaser tracking the cube near the end, I have never been able to master that myself. Litte idea don't limit yourself to federation vessels try out the other races capabailities for angles, the LC warbirds for instance I think would look VERY nice with your camera ship shooting around it when it fires its disruptor bank etc or cloaks and de-cloaks.

Offline cordanilus

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2007, 05:37:49 PM »
Thx.

Actually, I haven't used the setscale on this video because (probably just my comp) the phasers and torpedoes don't fire in the correct positions when scaled to 4.

The post sovvie is the only one I adjusted the hp with the ship at 4x. (This way, I can get a proper close-up with weapons firing.)

I still have a few phaser banks to move around and of course, the photons.  I realized that they were supposed to be below the deflector dish.  Funny, the post sovvie I use doesn't have quantums. (No problem, I can always add it in.)

RhVaurek

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2007, 05:10:39 AM »
 I never used the post sovvy alot, dunno why really it IS a great ship but I use the cgsov2 pack alot more really I love the NX varient in that pack.
 Funny about it not having quantums tho, would have definately thought it would have some, maybe even some slightly upgraded ones too.

Offline cordanilus

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2007, 08:45:24 PM »
Ah, Now I believe I am ready to continue with Star Trek : Eternity.  I'll have to redo all the ship clips but it will make it look that much better, also, the storyline will change due to the camera angles.

Check it out.
Improvement.

This will eventually be submitted to BCFiles but for now, it's on youtube.

RhVaurek

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2007, 06:55:06 AM »
 Very impressive! I see you took the music suggestion to heart ;p
 I take it to get the ships to super fast come at ya and then slow u just edited the speed of playback in your video editing program?
 What was the system you was in at 37 seconds? Those suns looked like the new Solar Synthesis which I have, but I have so far never seen a blue dwarf next to a red giant before been that CLOSE.... must hunt down that system.

I do love your fly bys, they are a good core to work around and your 1701 coming at he Reliant trough its torpedo support (is there a name for that part of the ship?) and then going past and your camera following it was great, how did you manage to get the 1701 todo exactly what u wanted as I assume u was in the shuttle cam behind the Reliant. Was another player in the Enterprise?

Sorry I seem to ask too many questions hehe but the more I understand the better my Vids will be and the less I ask in the future.

Offline cordanilus

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2007, 12:16:15 PM »
I don't remember but it is in the System Pack 14 from Ben Howard
Here on BcFiles.

For the enterprise and reliant.  I use the camera ship as the third ship.  I am in command of the enterprise, I accidently targeted the camera ship which lead to the torpedoes passing right through the shields but the camera ship did not get destroyed.  It looked pretty good so it stayed in.

I just used the reverse camera angle since your target and the reverse camera angle don't have to be the same.

Don't worry, ask away.

The Enterprise-B launching sequence is doable, it may take me forever but it is possible.  Watch the ent-b leaving drydock, the camera moves away from the ship while the ship exits.  I thought it was the best part of that video.

MrPoe

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2007, 10:42:35 PM »
Good stuff, cordanilus, the best I've seen anyone do.

Offline cordanilus

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2007, 11:28:16 PM »
Was trying out the Ent-B launching.  Not close but not too far from the movie either.  Will improve as time goes by.  Hope you enjoy.

Enterprise-B Launch Test

RhVaurek

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2007, 02:40:34 PM »
 Excellent again, I agree with you 005 rocks :D and excellent bonus footage. Your right its not close to the actualy ENT B launch but I dunno, yours has a measure of class too

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2007, 03:28:37 PM »
you blew the ship.
try the following:

Code: [Select]
import MissionLib
MissionLib.GetPlayer().SetHidden(1)

now the next step would be making a tweak to FedAttack.py so they don't move away when you get closer  :lol:

in which py do i need to make these changes? thanks

Offline cordanilus

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2007, 10:34:17 PM »
.py   none.
When you play the game (quick battle), just click the button for console and type it in.  The console button is "  ~  " i do believe.  The one just left to the 1 (above the tab button).

then your good to go.

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2007, 08:07:33 PM »
These are all very impressive!  And your technique for getting those close-up shots of the ships is simply brilliant.

If you want to update the "Ah ha!  Improvement" video (my favorite), I'd be happy to give you the Enterprise to be included in TCMP.