Author Topic: Adding Downloaded Ships  (Read 1363 times)

AdamSonOfJohn

Adding Downloaded Ships
« on: April 30, 2007, 02:54:47 PM »
Yes I know: NOOB.  I'm a modding-illiterate, yet MAJOR Star Trek fan who needs help installing a bunch of ships I've downloaded.  I would basically like to use them in both quick battle and online.  The text files that have come with several of the downloads make it sound easy, but I do them and nothing happens.

If someone could leave me a mildly detailed set of instructions or point me EXACTLY to a stupid-proof list of instructions, that would be great.

Do I need to download additional things other than just the ships?  For instance, I'm seeing a lot of references to "Nano FX", etc.
Thanks,
Adam

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
Re: Adding Downloaded Ships
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 03:33:06 PM »
Moved to technical support

bsilver2988

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 03:40:27 PM »
ok bro first think you need to understand is that creating a BC install you're happy with is no simple feat...trust me.  i still have yet to completely accomplish it.  if you really want to take advantage of a lot of the bc features out there you need much more than just ships.  in fact ships should be last on your mind. 

first check out the downloads section sticky "List Of Mods"
http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,28.0.html

that will sorta talk you through it. 

now i recommend that since you dont have anything working anyway..uninstall bridge commander..delete the folder..and then reinstall it...just to make sure you didnt screw up anything.

now follow the instructions on the "List of Mods" page
basically downloading and installing one at a time each of the mods on that page, stopping after #36.  If one of the links doesnt work it's attached at the bottom of the post.

you may want KM, it's a total conversion, you may not..but start with all of those first.  when you restart bridge commander after installing all of this you're going to notice a world of difference.  start to try and figure out all of the new features.  some are a little strange at first.

now you're ready to start adding ships.  try to stick to newer ships/ship packs which aren't BCMP dependent (should say in the requirements), and which can use the SubMenuMod.  if they come with an auto-installer it's probably best for you for now. 

Feel free to email me if you have any more questions.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 03:51:57 PM »
You either miss the Foundation (the true basis for all mods), or you haven't activated the Mutators (see Options->Mutators and activate atleast the first 3 mutators).

Also, if you want to go with a new install, then don't forget the patch.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421