Author Topic: BCMP Issue  (Read 921 times)

TheSyndicate

BCMP Issue
« on: May 02, 2007, 12:06:33 AM »
This may have been addressed in another topic.....I have install STBC, installed the 1.1 update, then downloaded and installed KM 1.2 and KM 2.1, respectfully as per instructed in the KM manual.  However, I still cannot seem to JOIN a battle due to file mismatches.  I queried every one that pops up but I get the same message from all of them.  I read in another thread that you would need a clean install of STBC but what is the point of doing that if you still need the 1.1 update in order to install KM 1.2 and KM 2.1 (which I have done...TWICE).  Someone please explain to me what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: BCMP Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 12:36:41 AM »
your game must be EXACTLY the same as the host.  by clean install they mean nothing other than KM and the patch.

also what do you mean KM 1.2 and 2.1, currently, KM is only .91

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: BCMP Issue
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 05:09:18 AM »
And how is this exactly a BCMP issue?
Anyway, as ACES_HIGH said, you need identical installs to play.

And I'm afraid to say, but there isn't a 1.2 (or 2.1) version of KM, the 1.0 version is currently in (closed) beta.

Or do you mean something like Enemies of Life (I believe that is in 1.2)?

So, if you want to install KM, then you need to do a clean install, the patch, and then KM.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.