Author Topic: Ship Idea Ares Class  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Eagleeye

• Proud Captain of the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-F
  • Cookies: 0
  • Following Picards footsteps
Ship Idea Ares Class
« on: May 03, 2007, 10:14:19 AM »
I don't know if I can post it in here or to BC Modding Forum but I think it fits here.
I just wanted to ask if anyone thought about an Ares Class Model.
I know that one is already on Bcfiles but the Model and the textures aren't so good.
I think that the Ares Class is an intresting Future Desing for an "future Prometheus"
Just for the people who don't know this ship I post a picture here.
I wish I could do it myself but I'm lacking the skills of modding.
What do you think ?
No matter where you go here you are
Captian Eagleeye,Captian of the USS Enterprise-G an Excalibur Class

AndrewJ

Re: Ship Idea Ares Class
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 07:29:03 PM »
I lurve this design, :D a high end model on the level we are seeing with LC and DJ Curtis's work would be awesome.

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Cookies: 190
  • Captain - USS Explorer
    • Captain Elgy's Star Trek Files
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 08:16:03 AM »
She's a nice ship, but I believe we've seen her once in BC already. Here is the link and a couple of pics...
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/USS_Ares;50019

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 08:44:04 AM »
I know that one is already on Bcfiles but the Model and the textures aren't so good.
:P

Offline Eagleeye

• Proud Captain of the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-F
  • Cookies: 0
  • Following Picards footsteps
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 10:53:36 AM »
I always likes the Ares because it looks like a ship with many new experimentional Technologies,if you look at those blue glowing Phasers and because of the bit agressive look and that fits to the name ares.The only thing I wondered about is what the Red Things on the side are ? The Primary Impulse Engines or Side Impulse Engines that make the Ship strafe but Thrustes do the strafing.
Only problem is with the premission for that ship, because Star trek Austrailia isn't on anymore
It would be really great if somebody does the Ares Class.You could use an Prometheus Saucer and the two Warpengines and model the extras on it.The Ares is heaviliy based on the Prometheus.I can do ship registries for vessels,created 9 or 10 so far maybe more from Galaxy-A to D to Enterprise F to G
No matter where you go here you are
Captian Eagleeye,Captian of the USS Enterprise-G an Excalibur Class

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 09:33:58 PM »
I for one would like to see how things turn out

RhVaurek

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 03:46:04 PM »
 When I got this ship I thought it was pretty damn good design wise it is very interesting, as frankly I get bored of the prometheus (please don't fire any photons at me for saying that) and this little ship handled relatively well, had nice armaments and looked sufficently different to warrant attention. I think an upgraded version would be an excellent idea. :D