Author Topic: Bridge crew models problem..  (Read 1126 times)

Offline BES

• Cookies: 5
Bridge crew models problem..
« on: May 04, 2007, 03:45:26 PM »
Hi, I was trying to open character models in Milkshape3D and its acting oddly, its like random,sometimes it takes like 8 tries.

So im wondering is it a reliable program to export them into the game with?

if not ill have to send someone with MAX3 the new bridge Crew models when im done with them..

No I have not figured out the problem with NifScope(it still wont open characters or bridges)

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: Bridge crew models problem..
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 06:00:47 PM »
the character and bridge models for BC were locked by Totally Games, that is why 3E had to make the Bridge Plugin.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 06:13:38 PM »
the character and bridge models for BC were locked by Totally Games, that is why 3E had to make the Bridge Plugin.
Not entirely right.

The Bridge Plugin is a scripting mod that allows far greater things to be done with Bridges.
Although, there is one aspect that TG never made clear, LCARs, and then the dimming of it (such as flickering). And BP implements those through scripts.

About Character Models, they require Max 3.1 + Character Studio 2.2 +  the Nif exporter as found in the SDK + the character models need to be mapped to the skeleton found in the SDK.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline BES

• Cookies: 5
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 06:57:36 PM »
yeah,milkshape still opens them and they look fine,but it does some sort of crazy calculation process,if it fails you hit the ok button and then it tries another one untile the model opens.

But I was wondering if anyone tried to export a character to .NIF with Milkshape?

I could try it myself I guess..but wanted to ask first..

I have already read the process used to make characters that they listed in the SDK...I dont have Max3, and my attempts to make a new plug-in arent going well:-)

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 1566
  • Praetor of the empire.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 08:06:49 AM »
yeah,milkshape still opens them and they look fine,but it does some sort of crazy calculation process,if it fails you hit the ok button and then it tries another one untile the model opens.

But I was wondering if anyone tried to export a character to .NIF with Milkshape?

I could try it myself I guess..but wanted to ask first..

I have already read the process used to make characters that they listed in the SDK...I dont have Max3, and my attempts to make a new plug-in arent going well:-)

Hmm.. i never imported the game chars with milskhape, i used the assim software by Chris Gaham (who made the nif imported for milkshape too) and never had issues porting them.
As for exporting, i truly recommend using max 3 and character studio, because i know by experience that BC won't handle simple bones the same way he does with character studio biped and will act wierd.