Author Topic: Installation on XP SP2 failiure  (Read 1179 times)

Force_Phenomenon

Installation on XP SP2 failiure
« on: May 09, 2007, 05:20:19 AM »
Hello, it's my first time posting so if I am messing up my appologies. I dug out Bridge Commander with an urge to play again, but it refused to install. It would auto-run, and get to 100% on the pre-setup screen and then just disappear. I've rebooted a few dozen times and it's not fixed anything. I've tried compatability after extracting the cd itself to my hard drive. I've even tried a different CD all together. I think has to do with some 32 bit installer, or something. I've disabled my anti-virus and what not before I began the install as well, nothing has worked. Could someone give me a few ideas?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Installation on XP SP2 failiure
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 05:23:17 AM »
I believe this issue has crept up the most on the GamingFile forums, I would suggest to search there. Though, a search here could also be usefull (search on "installer").
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Force_Phenomenon

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 05:29:02 AM »
A link of some sort would be appreciated. As I said i'm new, and search doesn't appear to be operating at the moment. But a fix to the situation would be better, heh.  :(

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

UncleJ

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 04:24:30 PM »
I am having the exact same problem.  I have cleaned the disk...no help.  I tried to install in on my Laptop(Vista)... no good either.  I'm suspecting the InstallShield(R) program is a piece of junk.  Anyways, I'm ust frustrated.  I loved this game! 

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 06:05:21 PM »
I have had some trouble with this in the past, just wait a few minutes and the installer should come back