Author Topic: Sovvie Tribute Re-Edit  (Read 2158 times)

Offline cordanilus

• Cookies: 608
Sovvie Tribute Re-Edit
« on: June 01, 2007, 07:57:49 AM »
This would be an unusual move for me but, I don't want this video to be half cut.

I'm going to re-edit the tribute video...

What I am looking for now is a number of things.
- Music Suggestions
- More quotes from the viewers to be put in
- Ship scenes
- Text suggestions

I would also like to ask you viewers, when you comment about the video, it's ok to speak harshly about the video.  (That's the good stuff.)

I know a few people missed out the last time so for this one, I'm giving a 2 week deadline.
June 15th.

There is also going to be a quote from Sovvie.

Ex.  (The ds9 scene where you see the excalibur and the other ships...)
I'm going to change that one because, to me, I didn't show enough movement and I know I can do better.  I had the defiant going in 1 direction, the mephisto in another direction, the camera ship was moving too and I was in command of the shuttle craft.

I'm going to try to get complicated scenes in this one.  It won't be easy, but a challenge is always fun.

I put this topic on both BCC and BCS forums to get as much people to see it as I can.

oh yeah, I'm going to put the blooper as a seperate video file and cut off the bonus scene at the end.

Edit: The video is done and is located on bcfiles here: http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Tribute_V2;80670

RhVaurek

Re: Sovvie Tribute Re-Edit
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 08:21:05 AM »
 Some ideas on making more interesting scenes:

- Have the Sov or whatever ship, going through a nebula in a scene

- For Sovereigns "retirement" perhaps a shot of a Shuttle leaveing the Sovereign... for the last time Kinda thing, like when they loaned Scotty a shuttle in TNG to fly off on.

- Perhaps the sovereign launching from the spacedock in a scene.

I dont know how much you want to make new scenes but in case you want to throw in some or replace some, well theres some ideas from me.
 I agree with you about the Excalibur / DS9 scene I thought that lacked movement too, unlike the rest of the vid so far.
 Music suggestions.... I dont know really Im a big fan of the Trek music from the movies, but the only one I can think of that signefies leaveing and retirement would be the ST: VI track "Sign Off" - 3.13 mins in length, and its alittle sad sounding and heightens to when the Enterprise flys into the sun, I always liked that song and the "Star Trek VI Suite" afterwards - 6.18 mins long.
Theres my 2 cents. - Still you should be proud of the first incarnation, it was a great tribute.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 03:09:06 PM »
As for the music the 'sign off' will suit it perfectly but I would consider also 'Epilogue' from ST2 or 'Kirks Death' from ST7 but this is too sad for my taste but ST2 epilogue is perfect.

as for the scene You could reinact scene from ST6 when Enterprise goes straight towards the star but instead of connie you could use Sovereign and instead of sun that could be wormhole

RhVaurek

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 02:38:38 PM »
 I really need to get the ST2 soundtrack lol, I only have ST3,6,8,10 and the best of the movies.

Offline cordanilus

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 11:58:37 PM »
Well, I figured out a way to get the 21 gun salute with all 21 ships firing at once but I'm not sure if it is going to work.  Would be neat if a "fire torpedo" button could be developed for the extended fleet orders.

Also, I just went through my cd's and re-discovered the "Star Trek Starship Creator" and I remember the music from it.  Could be intetresting in this next video.

In this re-edited video, there will be new scenes which hopefully, will be much more complicated than before.

If there are any complicated scenes you can think up with, shout them out here.  I'm going to try to test my patience and skill in this re-edit.

Since the deadline is next friday and there isn't any recent posts...I'm going to start capturing scenes now and begin editing the video.

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 07:12:44 AM »
Try adding a launch sequence at the beginning from a drydock or spacedock, using a load of complicated shots, then end it warping out. Kinda like Sovs modding career, it launched, then he left.

Offline cordanilus

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 11:11:26 AM »
This video is taking me longer than expected, mainly because of real life stuff.  But, I can get back to it once again and here is a 1 minute teaser.

A Tribute Teaser

RhVaurek

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 01:58:02 PM »
 awwww I want to see the rest NOW! Looks great nice choice of music too, what is that I can't quite place it.
 Lovely launch sequence there too, if the rest is that good or better that will be a hell of a tribute to sovereign. :D Excellent.

Offline cordanilus

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 09:40:56 PM »
The video is done.

You can view it here for now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47SxS_muCoc

The video has been submitted and should be up on bcfiles soon.
It has been a pleasure making this video.

I hope you enjoy it.

RhVaurek

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 06:53:18 AM »
 Cool :D what mod did you use to do that fleet in formation entering warp at the same time? I must have missed that one some where down the road...
 Definately much improved, love the opening scene, and the asteroid field scene and good musical choices too, congrats.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 07:41:47 AM »
Great, that formation was really good. Great work mate !

Offline cordanilus

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 07:27:30 PM »
Yay, the video is up on bcfiles here: http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Tribute_V2;80670

The first post has been updated.

RhVaurek

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 04:55:56 AM »
 Once again congratulations on a great edit there Cordanilus, its a worthy tribute :D
 What mod allowed that formation of ships?

Offline cordanilus

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 09:28:42 AM »
I just made a ship of 13 ships. lol.

I converted a bunch of ships to be used in milkshape, merged them into 1 file and converted it back to nif and made a simple hardpoint for it.

It gives the illusion of small fleet movements.

Have to be clever once in a while...and thanks RhVaurek.

Offline Dante Leonhart

• Executive Producer Bridge Commander Series
  • Cookies: 22
    • Leonhart Studios
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 12:27:05 PM »
That sounds absolutely awesome! I may be tapping you on the shoulder for something like that in the future!

RhVaurek

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2007, 03:17:21 PM »
 VERY clever / nice / cool / excellent idea for that fleet lol

I can imagine Dante tapping you to create a small fleet of star destroyers off each others bow for a firefight against some ST ships for his BC series :D Now that would be cool, especialy if they were fireing on a few Omega Cubes.