Author Topic: New Canon Voyager Crew and Uniform Mod - (BETA COMPLETE)  (Read 17931 times)

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
Re: New Canon Voyager Uniforms
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 07:03:08 PM »
Ok far i've now done the new uniforms in red, gold and teal. should i now start on admirals? but i cannot recollect them wearing anything like the voyager uniform. anyways i will leave it upto you in a poll
I believe they still used "late TNG-era" uniforms for the Admirals during Voyagers run (until the introduction of the First Contact uniforms). Not sure if i've seen any Admirals during the timeperiod Voyager takes place (which would be season 1-5 of DS9, and season 1-4 of Voyager).

I'd say, use your best judgment. As for your Voyager crewmembers, Tuvok looks near perfect now. Only thing that bugs me know, is the constant smile on Chakotay :P

Next crewmember that needs improvements would be Paris.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
Re: New Canon Voyager Uniforms (Pic Heavy)
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 07:08:10 PM »
right thats. well if i do retexture the admirals uniform i will leave it till last.

Ok like darkthunder said the next things to do is chakotay smile n blotchy skin and tom paris's white face and general appearence.

So would you generally say the bridge uniforms are ok now?

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2007, 07:16:14 PM »
So would you generally say the bridge uniforms are ok now?

The bridge uniforms are awesome. Nice job.

I'll have a look through the head models and see if I can find one that would look right for Tom Paris.

*Off topic* Now we just need someone to make perfect Early TNG, Late TNG, "The Cage" "Mirror, Mirror" TOS and perfect ENT uniforms.

Maybe someone should make a 'Requested Uniforms' sticky thread... :lol:
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2007, 07:20:58 PM »
I believe they still used "late TNG-era" uniforms for the Admirals during Voyagers run (until the introduction of the First Contact uniforms). Not sure if i've seen any Admirals during the timeperiod Voyager takes place (which would be season 1-5 of DS9, and season 1-4 of Voyager).

I'd say, use your best judgment. As for your Voyager crewmembers, Tuvok looks near perfect now. Only thing that bugs me know, is the constant smile on Chakotay :P

Next crewmember that needs improvements would be Paris.

they pretty much still wore the TNG style admirals uniform until the 5th or 6th season of DS9

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2007, 07:23:54 PM »
The bridge uniforms are awesome. Nice job.

I'll have a look through the head models and see if I can find one that would look right for Tom Paris.

*Off topic* Now we just need someone to make perfect Early TNG, Late TNG, "The Cage" "Mirror, Mirror" TOS and perfect ENT uniforms.

Maybe someone should make a 'Requested Uniforms' sticky thread... :lol:

thanks. well you have a look if there is a decent head models and i will redo some of the head textures. i tried make some heads early today, but i've only just bought 3ds max and simply i dont have a clue. when i imported the new head it didn't appear so...

well depending how well this pack turns out i might redo the rest of the packs. so we will see!!  :D

they pretty much still wore the TNG style admirals uniform until the 5th or 6th season of DS9

thanks well if i do retexture all the uniforms, i say if i do i will retexture the admirals uniform

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2007, 05:10:13 AM »

I'm pretty sure the admirals in DS9 season 5 had the First Contact version of the uniforms. Among others in the episode where we find out Bashir is "genetically enhanced" as well as the episode where Sisko stops the Bajorans from entering the Federation.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2007, 07:05:33 AM »
right i've searched up and down for a head that suits paris but i cound't find anything. i need a face that is quite long, but there doesn't seem to be any. i again tried to create one up it just does not appear in game? anyone help me out on that problem?

as for the head textures, i can't really do anything for paris until i find the right head.

chakotays smile is now gone and the skin texture is more even. i will post pics later

Offline killeen21

• Cookies: 1
  • to boldly go where no chickin has gone before...
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2007, 07:38:23 AM »
Great work so far - I hope you can release the heads soon.
I can't wait to see them in my new evil Starfleet uniforms - maybe you could make evil versions of the voyager crews heads as well - would be interesting and more canon like the one's I did for the Dauntless crew in this thread:

http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,1387.30.html

maybe you can even help me with my gloves texture problem - I'm stuck right now..  :?

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2007, 07:54:10 AM »
Great work so far - I hope you can release the heads soon.
I can't wait to see them in my new evil Starfleet uniforms - maybe you could make evil versions of the voyager crews heads as well - would be interesting and more canon like the one's I did for the Dauntless crew in this thread:

http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,1387.30.html

maybe you can even help me with my gloves texture problem - I'm stuck right now..  :?

well if i can finish off these heads i might consider doing the crew "evil" for your starfleet evil uniforms.

send me the files for your glove problem and i will look at it if i have time

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2007, 08:09:21 AM »
Ok update on paris. i figured there wasn't any nif head that suited so i redone paris's face. here's the result. opinions please.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2007, 08:12:42 AM »
wow!  good job!

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2007, 09:21:41 AM »
OK update for chakotay. it was very hard to balance out the skin tone so here it is. any commments welcomed

next thing on my list is to do b'elanna and possibly kim, then if everyone's happy with it, i will begin to match the the voices and change the name when you select the person.

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 1566
  • Praetor of the empire.
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2007, 09:26:32 AM »
Faces look pretty good (if you consider BC stock models limitations, it's a great job)
Only thing that bugs me, is that you replaced the body with a plain color base, with no fabric texture and no seams, so it looks clear but also painted.

Consider adding some fabric texture to it.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2007, 09:49:39 AM »
Are you planning on adding their pips on their collars last?
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline killeen21

• Cookies: 1
  • to boldly go where no chickin has gone before...
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2007, 10:17:53 AM »
Paris looks perfect - great job!

Concernming my problem:
You need to shift the index finger textures - right now the gap between the thumb and the index finger has forehead textures applied - which are pink and not black like they should be.

i have no clue what files you need for this - I think the original BodyMaleL.NIF BodyMaleM.NIF and BodyMaleS.NIF are affected - but you should have them yourself.

shift the textures beween the two fingers until the glove textures are visible - it?s really not much work if you kow how to do it.

I would really appreciate your help...
thank you!

I have added some of my modified head textures for you to experiment with

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2007, 11:08:19 AM »
Are you planning on adding their pips on their collars last?

the problem with adding pips is because for some reason the left hand side of the face uses the same texture. so i would have pips on both sides. i don't no if anyone can sort this out?

I would really appreciate your help...
thank you!

when i finsh off this i while look at your problem  :D

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2007, 02:43:18 PM »
ok here's some improved fabric textures on the uniforms? i've also redone b'elanna, but still need to do her hands. so far she's been the hardest to do with the limited nif of kiska.

better or still need or fabric texturing?

if there anything anyone is not happey about just flag it up and i will change it. also the next person i will try is kim. first i have to find a decent frontal pic of him.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2007, 02:53:58 PM »
theres something about Chakotay, im not sure what it is tho...  then again, its prolly just me...  :)

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2007, 03:03:12 PM »
theres something about Chakotay, im not sure what it is tho...  then again, its prolly just me...  :)

i think it might be his eyes, might adjust them. but other than that the rest are ok? + the uniforms?

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2007, 03:30:47 PM »
i would say so :)  just some few minor touch-ups i think (like ranks and such)
youve made great progress!  cant to see your next projects! :)