Author Topic: "Specular Highlights" turning itself off  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Flux Capacitor

• 1.21 GIGAWATTS!
  • Cookies: 10
  • Making Time Travel Possible.
    • James Hodge Design
"Specular Highlights" turning itself off
« on: June 24, 2007, 05:14:16 AM »
Hey guys, I keep having the issue of Specular Highlights turning itself off. I go into a QB, and its on, and I'll switch views or something and I'll notice things look dull, I go to my options and sure enough, its turned off. I turn it back on and a while later its off. This only happens to Spec Highlights, never to glows or motion blur. Any ideas?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: "Specular Highlights" turning itself off
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 05:45:50 AM »
Easy, you installed NanoFXv2 Beta. And that contains light flickering. This light flickering causes a Bright Glow bug when speculars are enabled. So NanoFXv2Beta comes with a "Fix Bright Glow bug" setting which disables specular highlights.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Flux Capacitor

• 1.21 GIGAWATTS!
  • Cookies: 10
  • Making Time Travel Possible.
    • James Hodge Design
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 07:43:19 AM »
Then how do I keep the speculars from turning off even when no lights are flickering? I have to constantly hit ESC and manually turn the specular highlights back on each time they go off.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 10:26:33 AM »
Either disable the "Fix Bright Glow bug" option and don't turn on light flickering.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline cordanilus

• Cookies: 608
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 11:45:07 AM »
Ya, I was wondering about that too.

Thanks.

Edit: Here's an interesting one...I can't find the "Fix Bright Glow Bug" button anywhere.