Author Topic: Ship Problem  (Read 880 times)

Offline sg2

• Always outnumbered,Never outgunned.
  • Cookies: 1
Ship Problem
« on: July 11, 2007, 04:19:29 PM »
hi,when i go to add a ship through the addships button or quickbattle,the ships dont show up at all through the addships and through quickbattle causes the game to crash.

ive uploaded the consoledump here to help solve this.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Ship Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 06:23:03 PM »
In your last console dump nothing serious appears to be happening.
Some constants appear to be missing, but since the logging didn't stop there, it isn't major (it didn't crash).

For your information, the torpedoes scripts/Tactical/Projectiles/PhotonTorpedo3.py and scripts/Tactical/Projectiles/RapidQuantum.py are giving you a load of error messages.
I suspect they are used on the same ship.

Ok, assuming you added a ship through addship in that session, then it isn't showing up because the error is apparently caught, but not shown.

Since you mention that the ships crashed through QB, did it crash on load, or on torpedo fire?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline sg2

• Cookies: 1
Re: Ship Problem
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 05:34:28 AM »
well not crashed really but when i go into QB,the loading screen on the bridge of felix moving just stays like that and you can select officers but cant go to the other mode,look around or see officers menus.