Author Topic: What is wrong with this picture?  (Read 1647 times)

Offline Dante Leonhart

• Executive Producer Bridge Commander Series
  • Cookies: 22
    • Leonhart Studios
What is wrong with this picture?
« on: July 14, 2007, 10:17:55 PM »
And can someone PLEASE help me fix it. PLEASE! Gah, its been driving me batty ever since I got my FIRST mod for Bridge Commander. I posted this over at BCS too, but Jimmy gave me the nod to set it up here at BCC too.

Ppl I ask for help keep telling me to turn the Canon Crew Fix (CCF) off, but I don't think they realize I can't do that, since I use it for the movie, but as hard as I try to fix the problem, I just don't know enough about scripts or modding to make a dent in it. I'm on my last straw... can anyone fix this?

Linked::

http://www.livevideo.com/video/A0BA4C9AD1A043D09DCC622307398ACD/gah-if-only-i-could-get-thi.aspx

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
Re: What is wrong with this picture?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 04:59:09 AM »
Canon Crew Fix shouldnt be responsible for that... all it does is swap the crew positions around, only way to track down the problem for sure would be to disable CCF temporarily to see if really is responsible.

Assuming it is then I guess LJ would have to take a look, if it isnt then theres most likely some missing lines in the helm scripts; if you read through the XO scripts you should be able to find references to "hit animations" or something similar, compare that to the same section in the helm scripts and you may find a culprit.

Offline Dante Leonhart

• Leonhart Studios
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 02:04:49 PM »
What py am I looking for here? I'm assuming its GalaxyBridge.py in the scripts/bridge directory? mebbe O_o

Edit: When I turn CCF off, everyone goes back to the regular hit animation (both Miguel and Felix respond normally) but when its on, its just Miguel that stops.

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 10:53:22 AM »
that is Canon Crew Fix as it came out on BCFiles or with changes?

I'm almost sure what file to search, but I'd be giving you the solution for a stock CCF mod.
if it's edited, you'll have to reinstall it and edit it again.

EDIT: I kinda found something.
in Miguel's stock config file, it calls Bridge.CommonAnimations.HitHardStanding which loads the animations that are used for both Miguel and Brex (both are standing, behind the captain).
if that line is still there, in CCF it will be still calling the animations for a standing position.
Miguel is now seated, so I think it's not loading what it should load.
what puzzles me is that Felix was seated, and worked. now it's standing and it also works.
that's where i got lost.

Offline Dante Leonhart

• Leonhart Studios
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 12:46:37 PM »
I'm totally lost, but I think I'm somewhat following you.

You're saying that Felix's "hit while sitting down" animation is still assigned to him even though he's standing, but he still plays the "hit while standing up animation" and that Diaz's "hit while standing up animation is assigned, but he's NOT playing any animation when hit?

What file are you looking at exactly? Would there be a way to assign Diaz to Felix's "hit while sitting down" animation?

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 01:34:43 PM »
I'm totally lost, but I think I'm somewhat following you.
ok, so that means progress, or that we're totally screwed.

You're saying that Felix's "hit while sitting down" animation is still assigned to him even though he's standing, but he still plays the "hit while standing up animation" and that Diaz's "hit while standing up animation is assigned, but he's NOT playing any animation when hit?
no. I said that Felix might have Miguel's hit animation, but we can't know because it's on .pyc so we can't decompile it.
same with Miguel having Kiska's animations.
to have it more clear, we should have the characters .py files, but we have .pycs

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 02:21:36 PM »
isnt there a pyc decompyler by Defiant out there somewhere?

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 02:55:14 PM »
isnt there a pyc decompyler by Defiant out there somewhere?
VERY bad quality.
I used it.

Offline Dante Leonhart

• Leonhart Studios
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 04:12:11 PM »
I had it bookmarked but I seemed to be blocked from accessing the decompiler now.

So then... there's no way to fix this?

Do you guys know which scripts specifically I should be looking at? I've been looking over about 4 different py's and I had a few converted pyc's thank's to Defiant's decompiler, but I'm not even sure if they're the right files to be looking at.

Offline Dante Leonhart

• Leonhart Studios
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 10:05:25 PM »
Fixed.

I got a hold of LJ. It turns out, Miguel was never set under a 'sitting down' condition, so while his animations were playable, they weren't getting queued.

He's given me permission to distribute the fix, so I'll send it over to bcfiles later on in the week, or if anyone wants it NOW, just hit me up on MSN.

mr_squall_leonhart at hotmail dot com

A HUGE thanks to LJ for helping me FINALLY fix this.