Author Topic: Ship Intercept Question  (Read 830 times)

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
Ship Intercept Question
« on: July 15, 2007, 11:53:35 PM »
I've asked this question before a while back on BCU and never got a definitive answer on how to do this:

Does anyone out there know which HP needs to be modified in order to increase (or for that matter just manipulate) the ship intercept speed? The default speed is approximately 47,000 KPH but I'd like to bump that up.

I know that there is an Intercept Acceleration mod and I have it installed in one of my BC installs. However, after analyzing that HP, I still can't figure out what parameters need to be changed in order to adjust the speed. That mod give a ship the ability to continue accelerating towards an object but all I want to accomplish is a desired fixed speed that is obviously different than the default.

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
Re: Ship Intercept Question
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 10:47:07 AM »
If you mean after pressing "Ctrl-I", I'm not sure if that can be changed. looks more like it's hardcoded to a default value.

if you want to increase the "Engage Warp" mod speed, you simply need to change the ship's default speed.

Intercept Acceleration also depends on the ship's default speed. it just re-scales your impulse settings so 1-8 are the previous 1-9 settings and 9 is like "Engage warp"

to change a ship's speed, use notepad and open the ship's hardpoint (scripts\ships\hardpoints\whatever.py) and search ".SetMaxSpeed". to give you an idea, 10 is about 6000 kph, so the normal values are between 9 and 12.
play around with accelerations, speeds, and masses so you get the effect of a light fast ship like the Defiant or a big slow and heavy ship like the Galaxy.
instead of notepad, I suggest MPE. much better when it comes to open .pyc

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 08:01:57 PM »
Nighthawk - Yes, I do mean ctrl+I

I do know how to change a ship's speed, in fact a ships' speed value of 1 is = to 630kph exactly.

I'm not so convinced that the intercept speed is "for sure" hardcoded. Hopefully, someone else that might be familiar with this might have an answer. I am aware that the intercept speed is related to a ship's default speed but I've noticed after engaging the intercept speed on a wide variety of ship's from light to massive that the final intercept speed is ~ 47,000- 47,300kph.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 11:55:12 AM »
Look for Dashers Intercept on BCFiles.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.