Author Topic: USS Explorer Nebula Class Bridge Retexture  (Read 5428 times)

Offline 1701-E

• Cookies: 0
USS Explorer Nebula Class Bridge Retexture
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2006, 05:26:06 PM »
Much better in terms of the LCARS Lighting, only thing that I can think of now would be how some of the LCARS in the last picture look kind of cluttered then again it is personal preference after all.

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Cookies: 190
  • Captain - USS Explorer
    • Captain Elgy's Star Trek Files
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2006, 06:14:27 PM »
Quote from: 1701-E
Much better in terms of the LCARS Lighting, only thing that I can think of now would be how some of the LCARS in the last picture look kind of cluttered then again it is personal preference after all.

Yep, I can understand that. I'll do a re-work tomorrow and see what it looks like. Unfortunately because of the way the Nebula Bridge is made, certain consoles such as the helm for instance are replicated on to the rear wall Lcars screens so I'll have to be careful with how I'll change it so it doesn't affect anything else. But I'll probably make 'em smaller a little bit.

We'll have to wait and see, cheers for the feedback!!. :D

Offline Sean

• Retired Administrator
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1165
  • Site Co-Founder
    • Bridge Commander Central
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2006, 08:23:58 PM »
looks good mate... cant wait to see your next update

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2006, 10:29:17 PM »
Is it difficult to add BPCore functionality to this bridge, to remove the repeated textures? The bridge is looking great I might add. The LCARS look perfect now. Like the color scheme on the bridge.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2006, 10:58:21 PM »
Very Nice! :D
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline cpthooker

• Cookies: 37
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2006, 03:54:28 AM »
did you make your own LCARS?

'As a matter of cosmic history, it has always been easier to destroy, than to create.'
Capt Spock - The Wrath of Khan

PC Spec
Athlon X2 Skt AM2 6000+, 4GB DDR2 800 Ram
XFX Geforce 8800 ultra, Vista Ultimate 64bit

Offline Sean

• Retired Administrator
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1165
  • Site Co-Founder
    • Bridge Commander Central
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2006, 05:21:54 AM »
Quote from: darkthunder
Is it difficult to add BPCore functionality to this bridge, to remove the repeated textures? The bridge is looking great I might add. The LCARS look perfect now. Like the color scheme on the bridge.

we have the max model still... so we wouldnt need to do what we had to on the galaxy and soverign to sort them out, im sure we'll get round to it sooner or later ;)

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2006, 06:44:11 AM »

These are nav lights, theyre not supposed to have the LCARS identifications on them.... theyre not buttons.

Nice and origional, looks good.

what have you done to my poor lcars lol.. theyve had an omni backglow and now youve reduced the brightness on them... so they just look messed up.

Quote from: Captain Elgy
Quote from: 1701-E

Yep, I can understand that. I'll do a re-work tomorrow and see what it looks like. Unfortunately because of the way the Nebula Bridge is made, certain consoles such as the helm for instance are replicated on to the rear wall Lcars screens so I'll have to be careful with how I'll change it so it doesn't affect anything else. But I'll probably make 'em smaller a little bit.

As I said to you via PM im going to be replacing all those LCARs when I redo the Nebula Bridge (which i started on thursday night), I really would urge you to just leave LCARS alone until then.

Quote from: Captain Elgy
I'm afraid I've not looked into the scripting of BP Core much so I dont plan on using BP features in this release. I would need serious help with getting into BP but if you or anyone is willing perhaps we could collaborate!?

Add me on MSN and i can show you the system, its as easy as making a new texture and writing a line or two of code.

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Captain - USS Explorer
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2006, 02:32:33 PM »
Added you to msn Mark, as for the blinkies I like 'em, though maybe I'll get rid of black writing in the middle of 'em. The Lcars I will leave until I hear from you otherwise!!.

Offline MickJo

• Cookies: 7
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2006, 02:38:42 PM »
Backlighting is a bit of a pain when adjusting already made LCARS, but it makes my Equinox LCARS look nice... :D

Looks like the MSD could use an upgrade if you go to Okudagrams you might to be able to find a good one. JoseRalat is fanastic with LCARS.

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2006, 04:57:02 PM »
he is working on one but its not finished, although i already secured permisions for the nebula v3..

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Captain - USS Explorer
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2006, 02:38:15 PM »
Quote from: Mark
he is working on one but its not finished, although i already secured permisions for the nebula v3..

Drat you beat me to it!!, fair play to you, sir!! :cry: