Author Topic: consistent crashing at Alioth; no mods  (Read 1055 times)

IamnotSpock

consistent crashing at Alioth; no mods
« on: July 18, 2007, 10:01:36 PM »

Greetings ~

I am just playing this game for the first time and have been blissfully Trekked out for a few days now.
    The game installed and runs as smooth as an android's bottom on my Athlon 64/X700.
   Except that now at Alioth, the game crashes to desktop every time, at the exact same moment.  Which is about a minute after entering the system, and right after your allies warp in behind you.
   Looking at the error info, and reading about similar crashes, it seems a file is missing or corrupted.
   I am going to try a re-install, and replay it all the way to Alioth again.  I have found no references to a crash on this mission in any search engine so far.
    But if anyone knows what is going on here and can advise, it would be much appreciated. 
   Otherwise, I can't save Data! 
    Thanks

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: consistent crashing at Alioth; no mods
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 08:21:11 AM »
hmm - did you install BC's 1.1 patch?  it can be found in the top 25 downloads at BCFiles...  tho i dont know if that would fix it...

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 08:39:33 AM »
But if you don't have it now, you Will need it
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

IamnotSpock

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 01:31:42 PM »

No, I didn't use the 1.1 patch yet.  It looked to be mostly of importance to multiplayer, and that's not happening on 50.6kpbs.  But yeah it would seem prudent....I'll give it a fresh install with the patch and see what happens. 
    Thanks for the help, I should know if the glitch is cleared in another day or so.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 03:10:10 PM »
I got the patch, when I was on dail-up.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

IamnotSpock

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 09:25:18 AM »
    Ok - not sure what fixed it, the re-install, the patch, or playing back a mission to get a new save point, but we're back in the Big Chair again.
    Got the ATI temporal AA working too.  Mucho better.  1280x1024, effectively 8x AA, the graphics are as smooth as....well I don't want keep using that analogy.  It only skips at those settings with a big explosion and multiple ships on screen.
    It was nice to go back to the Dauntless missions for a bit, geez the Galaxy-class model is soooo much better looking than the Sov.
    And now I can stop, I hope, randomly saying in Rainman style, "Data, yes.  Go see Data."

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 10:02:47 AM »
KMart! 400 Oak Street Cincinatti Ohio...   Sally Dibbs, Dibbs Sally... My dad lets me drive slow on the driveway...

lol sorry couldnt resist...  :P