Author Topic: Trouble Installing  (Read 923 times)

megamanfan

Trouble Installing
« on: July 21, 2007, 09:54:15 AM »
I'm trying to install Bridge Commander on my computer; however the installer doesn't even want to come up. Is this some sort of disc error or what? One more thing to note out: It installed perfectly in the past, but now the installer isn't even showing, it did show setup.exe under the task manager's processess.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Trouble Installing
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 10:40:10 AM »
This seems to be a new problem popping up more and more frequently.
We currently aren't sure how this is happening, or even why it is happening.

Let alone how to fix it.

Therefor, I would like to ask you what Operating System you are using (and possible service pack).
If you are using Vista, then try the compatibility tab of the setup.exe located on the disc, and set it to Windows XP SP2 or lower.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

megamanfan

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 10:47:26 AM »
I'm running Windows XP Media Center Edition SP2 with an ATI Radeon X600 HyperMemory graphics card. I now just got past the preliminary step to installing Bridge Commander; however, it just closes the installer after it reaches 100%.

Update: Now its not poping up again at all.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 10:49:40 AM »
Call up the taskmanager again, and kill the setup.exe

Try doing the compatibility thing, but set it to Windows 98.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

megamanfan

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 10:51:36 AM »
Still nothing. This might be harder then I thought it could be.

Update: The Installation worked perfectly under anoter account on my computer. Now Bridge Commander doesn't work. After running it, it just minimizes and doesn't respond. Could be because I'm unzipping the Kobayashi Maru .ZIP file on my external harddrive.