Author Topic: Trouble with Nano FX2 blinkers  (Read 2652 times)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Trouble with Nano FX2 blinkers
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2007, 02:14:05 PM »
You won't see any errors from it.

The only effect is that the screen blacks out (not the GUI, for example, go to the map display).

If you detach the blinkers from the ship, the screen clears. And when you reattach it, it blackens again.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

archhanny

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2007, 02:43:54 PM »
not to be defeatest or anything but i don't think that this nanofx problem can be overcome. i think it must be a random mod or something causing interference. but before we call it quits id like to ask afew more questions if thats ok.

1, My Assimilation beam is nowhere to be found and was wondering if this was a generic error or if its someting with my install. (all the other tractor functions show up but not this one)
2, is it possible to add a scroller to a sensor window? I resized the gravity sensors gui (from gravityfx) so it looked more 'moulded' to the advanced sensor output from the marines mod, now when there is alot of gravitational activity its cuts off the bottom of the list and i was hoping that there was just a line i could add to give it a scroller like the one off the interstellar library in the bottom right.
3, i have never been able to find out how to alter the yield of my torpedoes from the BCS the Beginning mod, ive never got any bsods so ive never known where to look to fix it (if its faulty that is and its not just another generic flaw)

as i know from reading other posts going off topic is frowned upon, but i figured that if i have these troubles then so might others. so once again.... im sorry for going off topic.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2007, 02:49:19 PM »
If you are having errors with scripts, then you should try to get a console report (from in QB) and post it here.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

archhanny

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2007, 02:57:16 PM »
thats the trouble. there are no errors! Ergo no console reports, they just dont appear in the menus (the torp yield and assimilation beam that is) and i was just wondering if you had heard of any troubles with these mods and how to fix them. But as far as the scroller goes i was hoping to pick your brains on as it seems you know abit about modding the GUI.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2007, 02:58:06 PM »
have you activated the QuickBattle Autostart mutator?

archhanny

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2007, 03:00:59 PM »
yes i have, and i know that they work cos i have access to all of the other tractor functions and the other effects that come with that mod..... but not these 2.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2007, 03:04:10 PM »
Then I suggest asking the mod author.

archhanny

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2007, 03:20:05 PM »
cheers, so don't suppose you know how to add a scroller to this sensor gui from gravity fx then?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2007, 03:22:59 PM »
cheers, so don't suppose you know how to add a scroller to this sensor gui from gravity fx then?
I've yet to install it, so I haven't looked at the code yet (way to busy with school).