Author Topic: Kobayashi Maru 1.0 - Opinions, Comments  (Read 4480 times)

RhVaurek

Re: Kobayashi Maru 1.0 - Opinions, Comments
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2007, 05:02:07 AM »
 Im going back to the old warp streaks anyway when I mod the install for KM 1.0 also going to add the post nem sov and CR's nebula pack and the NX classes too, I was rather dissapointed that the NX01 - 05 wasnt in KM 1.0 really want to use that ship online one day.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2007, 11:16:26 AM »
Im going back to the old warp streaks anyway when I mod the install for KM 1.0 also going to add the post nem sov and CR's nebula pack and the NX classes too, I was rather dissapointed that the NX01 - 05 wasnt in KM 1.0 really want to use that ship online one day.

LMAO why would a PRE-TOS Ship be in a TNG+ Mod???
also don't replace the nebula in KM 1.0 with the crap that is the CR nebula that model is soooooo wrong in so many ways I hate it for its uncanoness the one in KM is the most accurate one out there.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline CaptainGMAN

• Cookies: 9
  • Call me Gibbs
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2007, 11:20:51 AM »
Then why does it have the TMP Constitution?

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2007, 11:28:01 AM »
the constitution was seen in TNG thats why

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2007, 11:36:00 AM »
really?  I didn't know that.  I was also wondering why the connie was in a TNG mod.  When was it seen?

Offline CaptainGMAN

• Cookies: 9
  • Call me Gibbs
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2007, 11:44:48 AM »
I dont know as well.
the Miranda yes but i dont reber the constitution.
and the Constellation was in 2 shows.

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2007, 12:14:56 PM »
I dont know as well.
the Miranda yes but i dont reber the constitution.
and the Constellation was in 2 shows.
really?  I didn't know that.  I was also wondering why the connie was in a TNG mod.  When was it seen?
god bless Memory-Alpha.....

Models
As the Enterprise travels through said aftermath, several of the destroyed ships are actually Enterprise concept models built for the ill-fated Star Trek: Phase II. There are also remnants of the "destroyed" Refit 1701 from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, as well as several new "kit-bash" starships including the Cheyenne-class, Challenger-class, Freedom-class, Niagara-class, New Orleans-class, and Nebula-class. The latter would go on to appear as a fully-realized design in "The Wounded" later in the season.
The Mars Defense Perimeter ships, seen as the Borg ship approaches Mars, were based on the submarine model used in The Hunt For Red October, dubbed by the staff the "Blue-gray October".

(from http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/The_Best_of_Both_Worlds%2C_Part_II)

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2007, 09:10:31 PM »
Opinion? Five days of Installation Hell. . .

The Readme's facts and installation is not discriptive at all. Neither is the KM 1.0's abilities. Though the readme says it has BCS:TNG included? Several core files are missing? After nearly 5 days, I finally got the mod in working order. Not that learning Windows Vista wasn't fun. I've published large mod packs before. And from experience, this one was not ready. Not that the mod is not great (12 failed installs later). I think the mod could have had a bit more "spit and polish". Things I added in myself. Like a new crew and music.

@JB06: Yeah, it's not a good ideal to install BCS:TNG The Beginning over KM 1.0. Got a BSOD faster than you could blink. I installed Boost Shields, Engine Overload and Redistribute Shields from the singles released at BCF. Don't install the SNS Galaxy released by Scotchy over this either (BSOD). The following worked for me. . . .

* Defiant Class Mod Pack v.2.0
* CRNebula Pack v.2.0
* CRSovereign Pack v.2.0
* DWKlingon Ship Pack v.1.0
* DWCardassian Ship Pack v.1.0
* CRKorolev Pack v.1.0
* Solar Synthesis v.1.0
* c2x Borg BOBW Cube v.1.0
* CRTactical Cube v.1.0
* Bridge Commander GUI (full)
* DMConstellation Class Pack v.1.0
* Breen Shippack v.1.0

Still, I love the mod. But with one minor nit-pic. The Fonts used for the KM movie. . . "ugh". They should have used the same ones from the loading screen and menu icons at least. To make everything uniform. Now that I got everything working? Let the fun begin!! -BR32

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2007, 09:28:35 PM »
Sounds like I should hold off the installation of KM1.0 until a patch (or a few) is released.

A+++ for effort though.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2007, 10:14:52 PM »
Sounds like I should hold off the installation of KM1.0 until a patch (or a few) is released.

A+++ for effort though.

Might be a good ideal. I for one don't like to leave work unfinished. So, I consider getting the
KM 1.0 install running as a Challenge. ;) -BR32

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2007, 10:32:24 PM »
and music.

we added many new tracks to the game klingon and a remix of nemesis music... you should here it during a battle. 

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2007, 12:41:03 AM »
we added many new tracks to the game klingon and a remix of nemesis music... you should here it during a battle. 

I noticed. I just prefered my music, which I added to KM 1.0. The Music mod I made for the last KM. -BR32

Offline Erk

• never forget the name... Enterprise
  • Cookies: 5
  • Enterprise: boldness or readiness in undertaking
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2007, 01:32:34 AM »
i like the mod a lot, and not to sound ungrateful or anything, it just feels like its missing a few things. one thing i really really wanted to see was a new sovereign, i think bc should have 3 sovies, and fc period, a dominion refit, and then a nemesis refit. it just feels to me like a lack of new models and ship variants, but thats just me, other than that i really like the mod.

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2007, 01:46:43 AM »
UMM the sov in KM 1.0 is the CG sov the nem refit version... its much better than the p81 sov .9.1 had...

also adding more ships = "larger file size" so be glad you got that great of a model.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2007, 05:18:57 AM »
UMM the sov in KM 1.0 is the CG sov the nem refit version... its much better than the p81 sov .9.1 had...

also adding more ships = "larger file size" so be glad you got that great of a model.

Too bad in KM we get p81 Constitution instead of Khalibans Connie or WZ or even moonrakers cuz every connie model is better than p81's

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2007, 06:08:57 AM »
Same with the Excelsior. Why not use the much better version by P$YCHO instead of using that old outdated one?
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2007, 06:33:53 AM »
also I think KM 1.0 could have a little newer b'rel and k'vort models like sandtroopers or WZ although WZs Bop is SFC 3 only and had to be ported but is still better than p81s model

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur

RhVaurek

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2007, 07:22:19 AM »
 NO NO NO NO NO! I havent contributed to this have I by saying I hate the stars? Thats just my lil opinion on that one aspect.

However I see your point in some of the things over the few years on bcfiles i've spent reading and downloading eventualy some of those posts will get you down and "p*****"
 Hopefully you will reverse this decision one day, however I know the majority of us "consumers" are EXTREMELY gratefull to you and everyone else who has modded pretty much anything for BC over the years whether it be bridges or simply adding music to it in a pack.

I noticed a few EULAS popping up myself and thought yes that is going abit too far, I understand the need to want to protect your works and all but as you say contacting the person involved should be the only act necessary 99% of the time.

We will miss you on BCfiles and hopefully you will stick around and post on here still otherwise its a very bad loss for everyone. Thanks for everything Mark.

Offline Erk

• never forget the name... Enterprise
  • Cookies: 5
  • Enterprise: boldness or readiness in undertaking
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2007, 11:15:23 AM »
well now i just feel rotten. im sorry if i have offended you mark,of any other modders of km1. it really is a great mod and whats truly great, is its online capabilities. ever since mods started coming out, everyone has had a different version of the game, with km1 more ppl are online than ive seen in a long time. i love playing online, its like an entire new game. ive reunited with ppl online that i played with 3 years ago. im having more fun with bc now then ever. thank you to you and all the other modders of km for all the hard work poured into this game and keeping BC alive.