Author Topic: KM 1.0 is not working!!  (Read 1724 times)

startrekw_george

KM 1.0 is not working!!
« on: July 22, 2007, 03:16:54 AM »
when i start BC, everything seems to be fine, i activated all the new mutators with great anticipation!, then when i get into quickbattle.... the game blacks out, i can push exc and it goes to the menu as if i pressed during a quickbattle battle... this was an INCREADIBLE BUMMER!!!! i have the console report. it looks like the problem is with foundation but that dosent make sense... how can foundation be out of date... please help me :D

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
Re: KM 1.0 is not working!!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 05:07:41 AM »
did you start from a fresh install with the 1.1 patch on it?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 07:04:44 AM »
Right, game blacking out, that's NanoFX blinkers for you.
To be more precise, blinkers on a ship (any ship) warping into the set.

As for the console report, look at the FAQ, it has an entry on that.
Though I didn't think Defiant would include ATP1.

You did install KM om a fresh intall with the 1.1 path?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

startrekw_george

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 08:14:21 AM »
aaahhh man!!!, my BC game just hit the 10gig mark.... but i guess that this mod has all the best that is to offer therefore making most of it obsolete... time to find the ol-BC disk again....  thanks for the help. il back my old game up

Offline rishisen

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 10:47:10 AM »
i ahev a simialr problem
after installign km1.0 on a clean install of bc with the patch
everythign works fine but after installing this nxenterprise study on bcc forum downlaods section

except when you start a quick battle game like from the main menue
as soon as it loads the game craches i really want this hsip in my install how do i go about fixing the problem

startrekw_george

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 01:50:50 PM »
i have noticed that some mods don't work with KM 1.0, i had a problem with the loknar refit class. but it didn't make QB not work, but it did make QBautostart  1.0 not to work. after getting rid of it it worked just fine, my advice is to CONSTANTLY back up for game after each mod, i know it takes time but it is worth it.

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 02:57:19 PM »
Side question regarding KM 1.0. I notice that there is a folder named "src". What is that, and is it necessary for KM 1.0 to work properly.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 03:03:36 PM »
As far as I know, it's not required.

Defiant likes Open Software, so he included the software of the scripts.
The reason it's in a seperate directory is to prevent casual users from (accidently) changing the code giving them file mismatches when they want to play online.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

startrekw_george

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 03:23:49 PM »
so that is where the .py files were located, i was wondering where they were... why didn't he release the .py files in a src folder back when KM .9 came out?

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 05:22:26 PM »
one small bug I've noticed after galaxy separation when I try to fire phasers or torps while in saucer or stardrive , all backgrounds including nebulas and starfiled turns out to black and then returns back to normal but if I try to fire again game crashes straight to desktop :( any ideas ?

p.s. I tried to get console report but every time i hit consol game crashes so no report available here

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 05:50:49 PM »
one small bug I've noticed after galaxy separation when I try to fire phasers or torps while in saucer or stardrive , all backgrounds including nebulas and starfiled turns out to black and then returns back to normal but if I try to fire again game crashes straight to desktop :( any ideas ?

p.s. I tried to get console report but every time i hit consol game crashes so no report available here

Just tried separation then firing torps and phasers but im not getting any problems...

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 07:04:33 PM »
Right, about the source. It's exactly what I said earlier, with one exception, this time, Defiant is stopping his work on BC, so he gave out the source for it.
Previously, it was accessable, but he didn't include it so users couldn't accidently burn themselves.

As for the second issue.
The crashing could be due to a faulty torpedo setting (as in, missing torpedo script). And about the stars and nebula, could it be that a ship with blinkers had entered the set?
Or is it also when you fire phasers?

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2007, 03:39:22 AM »
well it only occured when I fired phasers and torps after separation, everything except models turned black few times and game lasted maybe another 5 seconds and then crashed. I'm sure that this is not foulty torpedo script.

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 04:39:18 AM »
Best thing to do is to see if anyone else has it, then report it to the km team.

i no for certain like i said before that i don't so it might be jsuta localised problem with your pc Dr McCoy.

startrekw_george

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 01:44:41 PM »
i have had that problem to, but i never thought that much of it. and my computer is pretty powerfull.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 01:56:38 PM »
i have had that problem to, but i never thought that much of it. and my computer is pretty powerfull.
"Power" has nothing to do with it.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2007, 04:43:50 AM »
Yup that's not pc powerfullness foult but what I have installed into my bc and if everything is OK with my software and hardware, I'll start from reinstalling BC