Author Topic: Question on new Mods in KM  (Read 1601 times)

deanej

Question on new Mods in KM
« on: July 24, 2007, 01:35:46 PM »
Will these ever be released separately?  I'd love to play these in a custom install instead of just in KM.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
Re: Question on new Mods in KM
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 02:45:23 PM »
They've all been released separately.

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 02:48:07 PM »

Not all have been released separetely yet... LC's Intrepid & Defiant  are only part of KM right now.

Hopefully, LC will release stand-alone installs of those 2 ships soon.

Offline 1701-E

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 02:49:01 PM »

I think he might be referring to the LC Defiant and Intrepid as well as a few of the newer versions of some of the Bridges but I could be wrong.

deanej

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 05:09:53 PM »
I think he might be referring to the LC Defiant and Intrepid as well as a few of the newer versions of some of the Bridges but I could be wrong.
That's what I'm thinking of, as well as BP Core Gold.

bsilver2988

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 11:58:33 AM »
i've gotta ask, why dont you just get KM1.0?  even if you dont wish to install the entire package, you could manually extract the files for the various mods that you want and transplant them into your own install

deanej

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 12:37:24 PM »
How would I know which files to take?  I know very little about modding BC.

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 01:46:51 PM »
i've gotta ask, why dont you just get KM1.0?  even if you dont wish to install the entire package, you could manually extract the files for the various mods that you want and transplant them into your own install

True, but this would definitely take more work... and not everyone is that well versed at extracting all the right files.

bsilver2988

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 01:59:22 PM »
i know it'd be more work.  I'm just saying that the developers worked long and hard to make those files, and have the discretion to release them however and whenever they want.  The fact is that they are out there, and are available in a build of bridge commander that is better equipped and considerably more stable than anything most people with custom builds have managed to achieve.  for me it was a no brainer to reinstall, add KM 1.0, and then transfer anything from my old one that i still wanted, like custom textures and bridge modifications. 

that being said, i do know quite a bit about isolating and moving files, and understand that not everyone does.  i'm just saying, right now, it's the only way to get the files, besides pestering the creators until they release it separately.

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 09:41:11 PM »
Right now, KM1.0 has replaced ALL of my mods, with the exception of my crew mods. It's completely worth it.

PS: Bsilver, we are currently at the #7/20 top download of this week :).

bsilver2988

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 08:07:22 AM »
YAY!