Author Topic: Intrepid Bridge V3 Upgrade  (Read 2392 times)

bsilver2988

Intrepid Bridge V3 Upgrade
« on: July 28, 2007, 10:53:29 PM »
Hey Guys. 

So this is a little project i've been working since i first got ahold of the Intrepid Bridge v3.  I was watching an episode of voyager and noticed that the lighting and consoles on the bridge change quite a bit more in the show at Red Alert than the bridge currently had.  So i decided to take a crack at it.  The Ceiling turns blue now at red alert, and the lcars consoles change to Red and Blue alert status.  Some pics are attached below.  What do you guys think?

[UF]David

Re: Intrepid Bridge V3 Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 10:55:56 PM »
Looks great! Do you have a download link?

bsilver2988

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 10:57:41 PM »
still working on it...looking for ideas on where to go from here.

[UF]David

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 11:31:55 PM »
Perhaps have animated LCARS and the rest of the conditional alert lights flash.

startrekw_george

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 11:38:44 PM »
maybe revamping the textures of the bridge itself, the ceiling is kind of... well not bad... but in need of improvement

bsilver2988

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 11:40:39 PM »
they all flash now.  that was the first thing i did.

startrekw_george

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 12:11:39 AM »
cool!

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 05:11:02 AM »
I looked at the ceiling in my install and it looks a bit better, Your is blurry also it could turn to be more blue like in late TNG galaxy while in red alert

[UF]David

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 10:33:41 AM »
I looked at the ceiling in my install and it looks a bit better, Your is blurry also it could turn to be more blue like in late TNG galaxy while in red alert

I would not do that. I never liked that. It takes away from the bridge.

bsilver2988

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 02:03:34 PM »
right now it turns as blue as it did in the TV show.  Also those red lights around the center dome from the TV show flash red and blue now at those alerts.  As far as the ceiling being blurry..that may just be my graphics card for you.  It's the textures that came with KM 1.0 that i've edited.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 02:14:54 PM »
right now it turns as blue as it did in the TV show.  Also those red lights around the center dome from the TV show flash red and blue now at those alerts.  As far as the ceiling being blurry..that may just be my graphics card for you.  It's the textures that came with KM 1.0 that i've edited.
That's ok then every except that looked great to me, any chance You'll make something like that on defiant bridge that would be cool cuz it look strange as it is now you know at green condition some LCARS are from red alert

bsilver2988

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2007, 02:17:15 PM »
Actually i was thinking of doing an entire remake of the Defiant bridge, replacing the textures with nemesis textures and adding Red alert swapping, but i think it might be difficult, since all of the consoles are animated.

[UF]David

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2007, 04:19:59 PM »
Where the engineer sits and the opposite side from him/her, perhaps enable the bridge to use the alert lights as well.

Offline Captain Serek

• A fan that likes bridges and ships
  • Cookies: 0
  • Captain of the USS Intrepid II
    • Starfleet Operating Forces Official Site
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2007, 08:09:20 PM »
Very nice bridge, it has the look and feel of Voyager. Keep up the good work.
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in!

bsilver2988

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 09:37:57 AM »
well guys, per Mark's announcement, it appears as though i can't release this bridge now.  It's a shame because i was really on a roll with it.  I'll keep it in my install in case he changes his mind at some point, so keep an eye out.  this bridge is not dead, just sleeping until further notice.  Sorry everyone.

-bsilver2988

RhVaurek

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2007, 10:14:19 AM »
 Ah dont worry bout it, still you got yourself a nice looking edit there by those screenshots. I love blue alert myself whenever they did it in the show it was just so cool looking and different its nice to see you took elements of that.

I would not do that. I never liked that. It takes away from the bridge.

You kidding? I loved that part of the late TNG bridge, that and the red alert bars actualy changeing from green - yellow - red.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2007, 11:29:18 AM »
since for now this project is on hold, i am gonna lock this thread down...

bsliver, should things change or Mark permits the release of this retexture, please PM me (or Mark) to reopen this thread...