Author Topic: Problems with the distress beacon  (Read 1351 times)

archhanny

Problems with the distress beacon
« on: July 29, 2007, 10:00:43 PM »
hello guys, another problem im afraid,
 here's the story - ive downloaded the KM 1.0 mod but i dont want to fully install it cos i dont want the QBR and other stuff, and i have all the mods i want (for the moment) and my BC is working beautifully (ALMOST). so what i have done is taken the parts of the mod i want and rig them into my present install, such as the blindfiring, the new intrepid model (with the folding nacelles, which took me days to figure out i might add) etc. I had the old distress call, but i figured that this one would be better and less buggy (not that the other was buggy but i figured .....hey why not?) and now when i go to broadcast a distress signal from an escape pod nothing happens (and when your in an escape pod that is not what you want!) and the console report says something about "cannot get race for 'escapepod' no foundation entry!"
im sure im not copying the right files across for there is a .def line im missing out, and if someone could please help.
          (also could someone please tell me how to post images in the post, i know it can be done but im not sure how. how noobish sorry)

also i have another question about the new intrepid bridge but that'll have to wait til this is solved

and before anyones says anything, ive tried takin this to KM forums and no-one seems to reply :(

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Problems with the distress beacon
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 06:53:40 AM »
Right, look in the KM scripts directory and make sure you use the right StaticDefs.py(c) file.
If you have an existing StaticDefs.py (note that I don't use pyc here!) then copy the one from the KM/src directory as well.

If that doesn't it, go to the scripts/Custom/Ships directory of KM and search for Escape Pod, copy the file you found (it may or may not contain spaces, I don't know) to the same directory in your install.

As for the folding nacelles for the Intrepid, you require FoundationTech for that as well.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

archhanny

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 11:42:43 AM »
thanx dude,
got the distress beacon working! aswell as the folding nacelles for voyager and the XO console in the intrepid bridge! whew all in a days work lol now if i could just get that bolian to sit on his chair and not phase through the walls then my voyager experience will be complete!!!!
 also..... my nanofx blinkers mysteriously fixed themselves and i didnt do owt! i think i have probably updated a file in the scramble of the previous problems. but thanx anyways
archhanny

archhanny

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 12:09:47 PM »
i have one more question..........
        i have been updating my shuttle laucnching framework today and i got it to work.....except for when i try to return a shuttlecraft with the tractor beam it doesnt dock, now when i checked the console report it says  ' Return Shuttles Warning: Tractor System not in Docking Mode '
now how do i set my tractor beam to docking mode?

Offline Voyager16

• Modding is improving.
  • Cookies: 9
  • KM - Mod Team Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 12:34:09 PM »
hit F4,    'Tractor Modes'

Terabyte007

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 06:40:50 PM »
Alternatively talk to your science officer :wink:

Offline Voyager16

• Modding is improving.
  • Cookies: 9
  • KM - Mod Team Member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 07:26:41 PM »
it's the same. xD

archhanny

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 03:10:52 PM »
nah its not there, think i havnt put that mod in (cos i didnt want to put in the whole KM 1.0 remember) so if someone could pls tell me what file this is for the docking tractor

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 03:25:26 PM »
Tractor Modes is a part of the BCS:TB mod...  reinstalling that should bring back all the functions...

archhanny

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 04:53:51 PM »
i just took the tractor settings.py from qbautostart and that gave me the functionalities back, thanks guys. rest assured this wont be the last you've heard of archhanny. (as i play about with the mods too often and break them you see)

archhanny

Will i ever be satisfied with my ships?
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 05:09:30 PM »
hahahahahah back already, i have another teaser for your already bustin brains,
so as i said before, i didnt want to install the km 1.0 and am just takin the bits i want but now i'd really like the mod that allows you to transfer to another bridge when you transport to another class of ship, so cud someone pls point me in the right direction? ive looked at a load of the mods , like the loadbridge.py and the zzzshipreplacement(or whatever).py but i can't see anything that incoperates both the transporter and specific bridges....

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 05:14:20 PM »
loadbridge.py is a BC specific file, required for it's operation, it was there since the beginning of BC.

The other file you mention is something that allows you to customize the start ship and bridge for QB.

Now, about your question, I thought that was Transport.py, but I'm not sure.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

archhanny

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 05:17:06 PM »
ok ill look into that, do i need to choose that 'ship specific bridge' in the select bridge menu in the qb setup for this to work?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 05:19:23 PM »
No, that's a BP Core specific feature (BP Core Gold v2 new feature if I remember correctly).