Author Topic: DSFX help  (Read 1751 times)

Spartan118

DSFX help
« on: August 11, 2007, 08:36:32 PM »
Hi all, im new to these forums and also to Bridge Commander :P i know its old and who cares. Anyway I just downloaded and installed the Mod DS9FX and everything works exempt for two things. One when I start quick battle I cant go to DS9 and also all the ships have white and sometimes pink blocks around them so its very hard to see. Anyone know what the problem is?

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
Re: DSFX help
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 08:39:04 PM »
you need to install nanofx... white blocks are blinkers. install nanofx and white blocks turn into lights/blinkers

~Jb06

startrekw_george

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 08:56:03 PM »
you should install KM 1.0, it has most of the latest mods on it.

Spartan118

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 09:46:37 PM »
ok, I put in nanofx and now I have a bigger problem, whenever I run the game it lets me go to the main menu and then thats it. none of the buttons work and the only way to quit is alt+ctrl+del

....help :P

bsilver2988

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 10:10:24 PM »
okay man.  Here's what you do.  Save yourself a lot of time.  Uninstall Bridge Commander and reinstall it.  Then, install the bridge commander 1.1 patch.  Then install the mod Kobayashi Maru 1.0.  It's available at BCFiles.com.  That will give you so much, you can't even imagine, among them ds9fx

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 10:53:59 PM »
this should be in Support Forums......

*regrets not having M0d P0wahhh*

startrekw_george

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 11:05:08 PM »
there should be a massive sign for new people to the site to save themselves some time and download KM1.0. it would help a lot of people.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 08:08:57 AM »
http://bcscripters.com/forums/index.php?board=48.0
this is a link to BCS's DS9FX Tech Support forum...

Spartan118

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »
ok one last thing, other then at BCfiles.com is their anywhere else I can download Kobmaru? Because ever time I try downloading for BCfiles my internet crashes and I cant use my phones or internet for like 10 min. And I have a very fast internet, not 56k its a cable modem.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 12:33:24 PM »
It sounds like a router being overloaded.
If you have a router, and you, or someone else on the router is using a p2p application, please ask them to either stop, or to limit the (maximum) number of connections.

Aside from that, you can download it from the official KM website.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Spartan118

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 06:48:15 PM »
First remind me that p2p means. Also its not my router because when the internet dies the router looks fine but when I look at my cable modem the lights indicating that it detects the cable and the light indicating that it data is running through it (web surfing) are off. So its a problem either with my company or with my modem. Any ideas?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 06:56:04 PM »
Peer to peer, file sharing programs.

And when the router "overloaded" it generally means it can't send data through (so no lights on the modem).

If the above isn't your case, then you should be asking: "Are there any other sites having the same problem?"
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

startrekw_george

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 08:13:35 PM »
Let me remove this for you. -MLeo

Spartan118

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 09:18:06 PM »
isent the router the thing that is connected to ur modem and then connects multiple computers to it?

But anyway this has happend befor (though not with a download usually it happens with some online game) and usually after I try enough times that I give up then it works :P

startrekw_george

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 09:29:58 PM »
ya, the router is what connects to the modem.

Picard_1

KM 1.0
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 03:43:26 AM »
I use KM 9.1 with DS9FX. It runs much smoother with less glitches. Not to mention KM 1.0 doesn't include the DS9FX Ships.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 09:29:13 AM »
I'm afraid that isn't the problem asked here.
Let's go back to the original problem, ok?

If you want to download it from another site, the Kobyashi Maru homepage has a download link (locally).

Spartan118

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 09:59:28 AM »
sigh, im tring all the sites I can find and they go to about either 25% or 50% and then the modem dosent read the cable :(

*Removed rest of post*
I'm afraid you aren't allowed to ask that here. -MLeo

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2007, 10:03:45 AM »
sigh, im tring all the sites I can find and they go to about either 25% or 50% and then the modem dosent read the cable :(
Tell me about your network situation?

Spartan118

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2007, 10:42:08 AM »
wheal im not an expert when it comes to networks but here is whats happening: I have a modem and a router connected to it (obviously). Some times, its never happened with downloads before, When im doing something that requires the internet lets say an MMO I will stay connected for a while, lets say 5 to 10 min and then my connection starts to slow down and suddenly I lose connection. After that no matter what I do it the modem (not the router) will not connect for about 15 min. After that everything goes back to normal.

But like I said this has happened before and usually after about two days of continually trying it suddenly works. So i'll just try again :P

oh and were can I ask that question which I cant ask here?