Author Topic: UMM (unified main menu mod) Problems  (Read 936 times)

Huxley88

UMM (unified main menu mod) Problems
« on: August 14, 2007, 02:38:09 PM »
Im going to get back into modding my bridge commander game again but In the past I remember always having that problem with the Unified Main menu mod since DS9 FX mod needed it. It always denied me from accessing my Custom missions like QBR. I tried the patch on the BCU forums but it never worked. This might be because I already had the other patch, Im not sure. How do you get your custom missions to work with UMM?   

I saw that the new Kobayashi Maru mod has DS9 FX, Im going to install Unified main menu right after KM, can I have a link to the right download? I can't seem to find it, it's the patch that fixes the error the last one had of not letting you access your custom missions in the quick battle menu. Any help will be greatly appreciated, all I want to do is get Bridge Command running correctly with UMM installed.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: UMM (unified main menu mod) Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 03:05:58 PM »
Right, first and foremost, I really need to get some work done for BC.

For now, please try the latest which I've attached below.
But backup your original mainmenu.py first!
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Huxley88

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 04:46:28 PM »
Sorry Im sort of new at modding bc, what do you mean back up the original? I just installed KM mod, Which UMM file should I install? Just the one you provided or do I have to install the original first?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 05:10:56 PM »
If you have KM, then you have the required MainMenu.py file.
So don't bother overwriting the file with mine version.

If your install has custom missions installed, then they should show up.
If you are missing stuff like: "Autoload" then that's correct, since those aren't custom missions.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.