Author Topic: Lowering Damage Radius For Borg Ships  (Read 654 times)

Offline Nexxus21

• Commanding USS Solaris Mk-I Refit
  • Cookies: 4
  • Our Continuing Mission Of Exploration
Lowering Damage Radius For Borg Ships
« on: August 15, 2007, 09:33:49 AM »
I like using the borg shimmertek and nanotek vessels but would like to reduce the damage done when the ships are destroyed.  When using Nanofx2 the explosive damage is massive and destroys everything in other words my game crashes.
Anyone know what I would need to change to fix this...   
If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us...-Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Lowering Damage Radius For Borg Ships
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 09:39:58 AM »
You either lower the damage radius in the nano FX configuration panel, or you lower the power output of the power property in the ships hp.
If you do the latter, then you may have to also scale the rest of the power requirements of the systems for the ship to continue to work properly (including individual projectile files).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Nexxus21

• Commanding USS Solaris Mk-I Refit
  • Cookies: 4
  • Our Continuing Mission Of Exploration
Re: Lowering Damage Radius For Borg Ships
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 12:08:59 AM »
You either lower the damage radius in the nano FX configuration panel, or you lower the power output of the power property in the ships hp.
If you do the latter, then you may have to also scale the rest of the power requirements of the systems for the ship to continue to work properly (including individual projectile files).

Thanks I'll do the latter I just didn't know if I was over looking a specific command line in the HP that would affect that.
If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us...-Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.