Author Topic: crashing in QB  (Read 948 times)

bizarrosean

crashing in QB
« on: August 17, 2007, 08:46:34 PM »
hi guys

just got stbc and patch and km
after seting up QB i play for 10mins then i get the black screen then back to desktop and then it asks me to send a error report
it dose this all the time is there any one who can help plz
i realy like this game but will stop play if i can't fix this error
plz help
becourse i don't want to stop playing.

don't do the poll at the top i went wrong sorry.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: crashing in QB
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 09:06:21 AM »
Is it always 10 minutes?

Or after you fire a torpedo?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

bizarrosean

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 12:35:25 PM »
after about 10 mins of playing some time more but all the time.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 02:05:44 PM »
Your grammar isn't making much sense.
I take it you aren't a native English speaker.
If your native language is Dutch, German (or even French), please post it as that language.

So far, it looks like you can sometimes play longer than 10 minutes.
Are you always using the same ship?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

bizarrosean

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 04:04:04 PM »
I am a native Englishman thanxs!, did not realise i needed to use the Oxford English grammer book to post a problem!. lol.

I have used the patch and the KM mod, as i set up a game in QB it doe's not matter what ship i use i always get the black screen and cursor. It keeps sending me back to desktop. .this problem occurs after ten to thirty mins of playing the game. Is there anyway you could help me with this problem? would be of great help.
P.S i brought the game of e-bay with patch and mod included on two seperate discs.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 06:20:02 PM »
I am a native Englishman thanxs!, did not realise i needed to use the Oxford English grammer book to post a problem!. lol.
My apologies in that case, it's just that I couldn't make heads or tails of it. I think that atleast some form of punctuation would have gone a long way.

I think you meant this (just an example):
after about 10 mins of playing some time more but all the time.
After about 10 minutes of playing the game crashes. Somethings it takes more time, but usually after 10 minutes.
But that could just have been completly diffrent (and it might just be).
Personally, I think I ought to ignore this kind of posts, but ethically, I can't, since the person asking these questions could be a non-English speaker who is just learning English or a person with difficulty using the language.

thankxs
Really? (sorry about that, things like this are a minor annoyance of me, I try to avoid them, not easy past midnight though)

Contrary to popular belief, this isn't a chat session, people can take their time to read things and you don't have to expect lightning responses.

Please excuse me for this slightly rant-ish remarks, but it's rather difficult dealing with these type of texts, I'm no grammar-nazi, and I'm known to make mistakes (and admit to them) but sometimes it's just impossible to understand what is being asked. On to the question.

I have used the patch and the KM mod, as i set up a game in QB it doe's not matter what ship i use i always get the black screen and cursor. It keeps sending me back to desktop. .this problem occurs after ten to thirty mins of playing the game. Is there anyway you could help me with this problem? would be of great help.
Right, you appear to be explaining 2 problems, one of them being a black screen with yellow cursor problem, can you get me a console report on that (see the "How to beat the Black Screen of Death" sticky). With the console report in hand, I can usually deduce where the problem is and how to fix it.

And the other being a crash to desktop, this usually happens when a torpedo script is used, but not found (doesn't exist in the game). To solve this, it's important to know what ships where used in the battle and to isolate the problem, you will have to use each ship from the battle setup that caused the crash and test it's torpedoes.

P.S i brought the game of e-bay with patch and mod included on two seperate discs.
Personally, I find this a bit iffy, but that might just be me. It's also unrelated to the problem.
Are you sure you are using KM 1.0?