Author Topic: Origin Of The Borg?  (Read 12919 times)

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
Re: Origin Of The Borg?
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2007, 03:09:08 PM »
I dunno about all this stuffs, but...

The borg are just icky, ugly critters with no fashion sense.  :arms: And I would TOTALLY suggest some oxy facial cleanser for the queen. She seems to sweat and glisten a lot... it's amazing she doesn't have terrible acne. If they're so perfect... why not work on hygene a little? Who knows, maybe if they weren't so icky gooey, they'd actually get a few volunteers...

And if it wasn't for all the time-related stuff about V'ger's origins and the oh-so-confusing Enterprise series and so on, I had originally assumed that when what's-his-name joined with whats-her-name (the lady who became ms. cyborg) with the whole aspect of learning all that is learnable... I thought that would have been the birth of the borg? But I suppose it would take a heck of a lot more time than a few hundred years for the borg to establish themselves the way they have...

Bleh. I stick with my previous statement. The borg aren't really perfect... they're just gooey and have no fashion sense. I mean, flying geometrical shapes? How unoriginal! :P

And that's Aeries' blabbering... all done for the day.  8)

-Aeries.

Offline lint

• Cookies: 211
« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2008, 10:29:41 AM »
the nazi's wernt perfect either (despite what they thought), but it did'nt stop them from trying,  :lol:

Offline Aeries

« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2008, 04:46:00 PM »
Indeed... :/

Offline Senator

• Retired Staff
« Reply #123 on: January 01, 2008, 09:17:55 PM »
But

They had better styling.

Weasel

« Reply #124 on: January 01, 2008, 09:38:55 PM »
I agree. I remember the conversation that Raven and I had about how the Nazi's had the best looking military dress uniforms in history- after the Imperial officers of Star Wars, of course.

Offline serverandenforcer

• Frustrated and Strugling Modeler
  • Cookies: 270
« Reply #125 on: January 01, 2008, 10:48:35 PM »
Actually, didn't the Nazis had a high rolling fashion company (that still exists today) design their uniforms?

Weasel

« Reply #126 on: January 01, 2008, 11:27:21 PM »
I wouldn't doubt it. It obviously didn't make a bit of difference to their war-fighting abilities, but at least they looked sharp as they lost.

Offline Aeries

« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2008, 12:08:54 AM »
O.K...... you all do know that the main purpouse for Star Trek is to make money (for executives, producers, directors, writers, film crew, tech crew, cast members, etc...) and they do it by making up fictional stories that grab our interests.  Since it's really all about making money, I think their respect and appreciation to the continuity and history of Star Trek isn't their highest priority.  Let's face it, the reality of the situation is that the film industry is actually really cold to the expectatoins of it's customers (you and me) and they'll throw anything out there with complete disregard to how well it makes sense as long as they get something out of it... and most of the time they succeed in doing that.  Of course, there are rare cases where consumers won't let them get away with too much bull crap and those executives and producers end up having to cancel a show or a project.  I personally feel that the true history of a fictional genre, such as Star Trek, lies in the hands of those who are most interested in it (the consumers - you and me), and a reliable and accurate account for what takes place in that genre is left up to us.  I don't think we as consumers should rely on those executive and producers to establish the true coninuity and history of Star Trek, since it is quite obvious what their real intentions are with the subject matter.  It is quite obvious the path that Star Trek has taken after Gene Roddenberry's death, and I personally don't think he would have let it end up the way it has become if he was still alive.  So saying that, I don't see anything wrong in disregarding the cannonness of what has taken place after his death and edit what is true to the overal theme of Star Trek, such as omiting what we have seen in episodes of the various series, and what has been produced in the retail marketing arena (video games and books).  So if the accounts in these items seems to be bogus, then why not just ignore it?  Infact, why not post up a poll on what everyone agrees should be actual and factual to Star Trek and what should be ignored as bogus material?

- I hope I wasn't insensitive or offensive with this post.  I keep looking at the first part of the first sentence and wonder if it'll get mis-interpreted in an offensive way.  If it is, I'll edit it.

Cheers.  :D
(just found this post.)

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #128 on: February 06, 2008, 03:46:13 PM »
I wouldn't doubt it. It obviously didn't make a bit of difference to their war-fighting abilities, but at least they looked sharp as they lost.

actually, the germans had (and still have) a very good war fighting capability.

We just had a better one ;)
I miss :bigdance:

Offline blaXXer

• Your Leader
  • Cookies: 96
  • The proud result of slave labor
    • blaXXer.design
« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2008, 10:33:06 AM »
Nah, you just weren't fighting on as many fronts as we were ;)
Never forget, the Yanks saved your asses.

YOU suck, get a life, moran.

COME TO MY PLACE clicketh me!

Weasel

« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2008, 03:07:19 PM »
All right you two, nice nice...

That stupid war ended long ago, and IMO, NOBODY won. Only the dead can know the true horror of war.

A lighter subject please.   

Offline Aeries

« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2008, 06:34:23 PM »
Weasel is VERY right. About everything.

Nevertheless, the Borg have no fashion sense. End of commentary.

Pegasus

« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2008, 06:56:28 AM »
Agreed about ze Vawr.

Borg or GTFO :P

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2008, 04:39:32 PM »
Agreed about ze Vawr.

Borg or GTFO :P

but podge.. the german nicked my sunlounger! :D
My towel were on it and everythin'!!!

Now where were we?

ah yes...borg, doable or not?
I miss :bigdance:

Offline RifleMan80

• BC Veteran since February, 2002
  • Cookies: 136
  • BC Machinima Bridge Commander Elder (Feb 02)
    • Rifle's Bridge Commander Machinima
« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2008, 10:54:09 AM »
 I think with the invention of nano-probes, someone in the delta quadrant could not contain them and began turning people into cyborgs. This is just me, however, I think the Borg came about when a Nano Project went FUBAR. As the Nano-Probes assimilated/ transformed the people they took, the becan to link up cybernetically, mentaly. Over time, the nanites becan interrupting brain functions, making them think all as One. They becan to get technology as the nano-probes began establishing fully. 
       When thet traveled in space and found new species, they assimlated them and their technology and began building on from what they has tarted with. More and More species were assimilated and new technologies were mixed in with their own. This is what makes the borg more powerful and dangerouse. However, this is just my theory.

A True Riker's Beard!

Offline Senator

• Retired Staff
« Reply #135 on: May 29, 2008, 04:22:29 PM »
I just saw in Reuters one of the coolest explanations for the origin of the Borg.

They simply evolved from a species like this:
http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN2938585820080529

Aka the "biological" part in: "We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own" is really ancient... way before they became machine and tool users.

Offline RifleMan80

• BC Veteran since February, 2002
  • Cookies: 136
  • BC Machinima Bridge Commander Elder (Feb 02)
    • Rifle's Bridge Commander Machinima
« Reply #136 on: May 29, 2008, 05:26:59 PM »
 Interesting stuff there senator! Verry interesting!

A True Riker's Beard!

Offline Aeries

« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2008, 01:07:34 AM »
A little bit of necro-threading, yes, but I found this surfing youtube today and it seemed really cool. :] So here you go.

&feature=related

Despite the vulcan lady [no clue what that's all about], I thought the hypothesis of the origin of the borg was really quite interesting. Similar to what I've had in mind.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2008, 01:12:14 AM »
I'm not sure, but I believe that was part of the plot line in Legacy.

Offline Ryles

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2008, 01:20:13 AM »
Those are the shitty things they stuck into Legacy because it was rushed out with out proper cutscenes or cinematics, and IIRC, missing a good chunk of the story line that would have made things make alot more sense.