Author Topic: I broke BCMP (I think)  (Read 913 times)

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
I broke BCMP (I think)
« on: September 04, 2007, 04:33:46 PM »
I have installed BCSMC. I know I should have done it sooner but I've been used to BCMP for a while, I didnt want to re-type every single TGL I made for all my downloaded ships.

Anyway, BCMP seems to not like LCs Defiant. I deleted the custom plugin that shipped with the Defiant so that I could make my own. I always do this. The plugin worked but after writing and saving the ship TGL, then uploading it into the game, it doesnt appear loaded. So I go back to edit the Defiant TGL nad I get an error messege saying 'This TGL is not compatible with Beta v4.4 Please make a new one!!!' or something along those lines. So I delete the buggy TGL, make a new one and it happens all other again.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: I broke BCMP (I think)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 05:21:04 PM »
Then I think it's BCMP at fault.

That "faulty" plugin wasn't faulty at all, unless you get a black screen.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 05:33:31 PM »
Then I think it's BCMP at fault.

That "faulty" plugin wasn't faulty at all, unless you get a black screen.

I didnt get a BSOD. The ship is playable and listed under the name 'Defiant Claas' as I stated in the TGL file made with BCMP. Its just that BCMP seems to hate the rest of the TGL file and claims its not compatible even though it was used to make the thing in the first place.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 05:38:59 PM »
Like I said, BCMP. :(
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 05:44:39 PM »
I have no idea why I didnt start using Sovies plugin tool when it came out.

Only reason I can think of is because I didnt want to go though the arguentous process of re-typing the TGL descriptions for all my ships. It would have taken days. Guess I should get started. The added bonus of Sovies plugin tool is the fact that you define warp speeds aswell for ships.

Any tips for a first time BCSMC v2.1 n00b?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 05:45:52 PM »
Don't bother with TGLs, you can also do them through the ship plugin.

But I suppose you also want them in MP?

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 05:50:44 PM »
Don't bother with TGLs, you can also do them through the ship plugin.

But I suppose you also want them in MP?

Not too bothered about MP. Thats what my KM 1.0 install is for. This is for my seperate-most-likely-very-unbalanced-but-my-preferences install of the game. I like to call it custom. LOL

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 05:56:07 PM »
Then stick with just the ship plugin, and don't bother with the tgls.