Author Topic: TEP: The Motion Picture Bridge  (Read 13295 times)

Offline Erk

• never forget the name... Enterprise
  • Cookies: 5
  • Enterprise: boldness or readiness in undertaking
Re: TEP: The Motion Picture Bridge
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2008, 10:11:45 PM »
great looking bridge! i got a question/suggestion. you know when you go to Red Alert in the Intrepid Bridge the center console near the Captain/XO pops out?  well, could you design it so that the Torpedo throttle pops out and the Captains chairs arms close in?

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2008, 12:03:16 AM »
AWESOME idea, Erk!

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2008, 09:08:10 PM »
The viewscreen looks off, was it like that in the movie?  I confess I didn't pay much attention. :P

Still looks cool!

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Sean

• Retired Administrator
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1165
  • Site Co-Founder
    • Bridge Commander Central
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2008, 03:29:15 AM »
The viewscreen looks off, was it like that in the movie?  I confess I didn't pay much attention. :P

Still looks cool!

yea i no thats not quite right, but means messing with the entire front wall to sort it... and thb i couldn't be bothered with the hassle

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2008, 06:19:09 PM »
lol, works for me, I personally like angled viewscreens better than the rectangles. :P

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Excal_Luke

• Cookies: 31
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2008, 02:47:24 PM »
Im not sure bout the red alert fetures, the scripters will be busy with Excalibur, but it would be Uber cool!

Anywho, here are some better renders for you, not much has changed from the last pics, been working on teh Relativity and other stuff for Excal :)

enjoy...

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2008, 03:20:44 PM »
If you mean by red alert features maps swaping like I did on miranda bridge then don't worry I can script map swaping here ;)

btw. this bridge won't have animated displays as planned ? if it will have anims then i'll make a set of animated screens if needed.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2008, 03:34:28 PM »
This looks really good. i hope you include animated maps, as it would really add to this bridge.

Offline Aeries

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2008, 03:36:25 PM »
I vote for animated maps... I just don't think it would be complete without them... :(

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2008, 04:24:43 PM »
Animated maps are indeed cool, I wish we could make them more them at least 10 frames per anim, also note that not every display on this bridge was animated, enviro status, engineering displays, damage and ship status, small msd displays and those four screens behind capt. chair in ST2,3 are not animated + most of the buttons are non anims, the only really animated screens are science, auxiliary, comm and few more scrrens.

Offline Aeries

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2008, 04:31:26 PM »
Hmm. Yeah, though I think it would add a sort of 'genuine' feel with them... with a bridge this, simply, awesome... I'd hate to see it go without the animations that bridge did have. Also, for red alert, will the bridge dim to that absolute blood red like in the wrath of kahn? :D I SOOOOO loved that! I think it would also be ever so awesome to see a variant with all the damage as seen in ST:3.

But that's enough from me. Amazing work so far. I'm eager to see how you progress. :)

~Aeries.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2008, 04:38:37 PM »
I agree that you should not add animations where there were none, however, I think that the ones that were there, should be there. I love your miranda bridge Doc, but it felt so barren without any animated textures.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2008, 04:44:43 PM »
Yeah I felt that either tho I just had to try out map swaping :D then I'll start from monday works on animated maps (hope Intercepter or Sean or anybody from 3DE will be able to add them) on those displays which had them.
I also agree it will look alot better with even some of the displays animated ;)

Also as soon as this set is finished I'll ask 3rd Era team for permission to make ST 3 variant for which I have separatelly made custom displays that fit ST3 only as well as additional displays for ST2... infact I have different displays sets for ST1,2,3,4 (not finished) + reliant :D but I think I've already mentioned this ;)

Offline Sean

• Retired Administrator
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1165
  • Site Co-Founder
    • Bridge Commander Central
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2008, 05:17:50 PM »
Yeah I felt that either tho I just had to try out map swaping :D then I'll start from monday works on animated maps (hope Intercepter or Sean or anybody from 3DE will be able to add them) on those displays which had them.
I also agree it will look alot better with even some of the displays animated ;)

Also as soon as this set is finished I'll ask 3rd Era team for permission to make ST 3 variant for which I have separatelly made custom displays that fit ST3 only as well as additional displays for ST2... infact I have different displays sets for ST1,2,3,4 (not finished) + reliant :D but I think I've already mentioned this ;)

animating specific maps is easily done,.. I can quite happily do the if Interceptor isnt quite sure how...

as for seeking permission to to do the ST3 varient... Theres no need to retexture this set. Remember this is the TMP set. Not the TWOK or TSFS set

http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php?topic=25.0 see this topic for the variant meshes

Offline Aeries

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2008, 05:45:15 PM »
Oh. :/

bsilver2988

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2008, 05:58:54 PM »
i must strongly disagree.  as it was..there were very few animated maps on the bridge.  the ones that were were hardly noticeable.  and if you make a texture animated..you lose the ability to have that texture change to a red alert status texture. 

everyone take note of that prometheus bridge retexture that came out not too long ago.   Not one animated map...and they all changed at red alert.  sheer beauty.  imagine what we could do with this bridge and alert status texture swapping.

i vote to leave out the animated maps.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2008, 06:01:51 PM »
How about animations and map swapping?
They can be combined you know.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2008, 06:05:46 PM »
I thought there will be also ST2 variant as it's quite different from TMP varaint.
i must strongly disagree.  as it was..there were very few animated maps on the bridge.  the ones that were were hardly noticeable.  and if you make a texture animated..you lose the ability to have that texture change to a red alert status texture. 

everyone take note of that prometheus bridge retexture that came out not too long ago.   Not one animated map...and they all changed at red alert.  sheer beauty.  imagine what we could do with this bridge and alert status texture swapping.

i vote to leave out the animated maps.

I have an idea :D lets make two variants of TMP bridge : the one with animated maps and the second one without anims but with green/yello/red alerts map swaping + I think damage indicators could become handy on this bridge as it has three screens with damage status :D remember Enterprise A bridge and damage/shields display in between helm-navigational station ??? :D

How about animations and map swapping?
They can be combined you know.

:shock: :o :D I knew you'll find out how to do that !

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2008, 06:14:57 PM »
But some animated items, ex Science Station, never changed during red alert and would look very off without animation.
everyone take note of that prometheus bridge retexture that came out not too long ago.   Not one animated map...and they all changed at red alert.  sheer beauty.  imagine what we could do with this bridge and alert status texture swapping.
I agree that you should not add animations where there were none, however, I think that the ones that were there, should be there. I love your miranda bridge Doc, but it felt so barren without any animated textures.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2008, 12:38:19 PM »
:shock: :o :D I knew you'll find out how to do that !
It's been avaidable for quite some time now.
I think 2 BP Core releases?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.