Author Topic: Can't warp anymore ...  (Read 863 times)

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Can't warp anymore ...
« on: September 28, 2007, 05:39:46 AM »
Hi !
While testing new ship My beta tester discovered that the ship is no longer able to warp even to use in-system warp function which occured on several other BC copies so, I thought it might be third nacelle added as warp engine property in MPE so I deleted it but still I can't use warp function, I checked every warp property and everything seems to be ok but it won't work... any ideas what could cause it ???

It's getting worse and worse, now when I start quick battle, ship self damages constantly, almost every damage indicator blinks... what's going on ??? that is the weirdest bug I've ever seen in BC :?

Here is a pic of what it look like few seconds after start :

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Can't warp anymore ...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 05:58:11 AM »
You need a target for in-system warp. And it needs to be more than, 40KM away, or something like that?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 07:56:30 AM »
oh forgot about this LOL, but still I'm not able to get this ship warp between systems, when I set course, set speed and hit warp button nothing happens, I tried to disable some mods like nanofx or ds9fx but still it won't work.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 07:59:31 AM »
Are you near a star?
Try starting in the Deep Space "system".

It's also possible that the warp system draws to much power (when activated).

I'm going to move this to Modding, as it seems to be a HP problem.
And I'll be unavaidable to attend here till monday evening.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 09:48:53 AM »
Nope I start in Deep Space system and still nothing happens but I'll try to reduce power consumption...

After I tried to reduce power in MPE I realized there is no Warp Engines property only Warp nacelles :P It works now :D

Thanks for help !!

Offline RCgothic

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 51
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 10:00:33 AM »
Lol, Applause to Mleo for helping, and McCoy for the entertainment value of that bug.

Moving back to tech-support.