Author Topic: soveriegn bridge disappeared from the Bridge list in QB  (Read 1278 times)

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
soveriegn bridge disappeared from the Bridge list in QB
« on: October 01, 2007, 01:47:27 PM »
the soveriegn bridge disappeared from the Bridge list in QB, it still comes up as the default bridge, since I have KM1, but I just noticed it was missing from the list.  I have been installing alot of stuff lately so I have no Idea what caused it.  any help would be appriciated, because I would like to change the default bridge, but I can't if that is the only way to access this one.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: soveriegn bridge disappeared from the Bridge list in QB
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 01:48:45 PM »
hmm got a console report??
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 02:57:30 PM »
this is why you should test each thing as you install it :P

also try this:
http://bridgecommander.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=14358

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 05:43:20 PM »
Did you install (and activate) Sneakers Bridge Scroller or do you have Bridge Submenu?

[EDIT] The Sneakers Bridge Scroller (what Jimmy linked to) should be included in any new bridge and can be activated in the mutators.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 06:04:13 PM »
right - tho some of the old bridges can "cancel" out sneaker's bridge scroller...  and then, the only way to have it work it is to have the menu scroller mutator itself deactivated (which is kinda ass-backwards, IMO lol)...  sneaker's old fix that i linked to will sort that, tho...

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 08:50:21 PM »
I have all that stuff which was included with KM1.  The only other scripts I have downloaded since then were the Captains Orders pack.  It does not appear to be a scrollers issue, as I can go all the way through the list, it is just not listed.  I'll try to get a report ASAP, tonight I'm rather busy though.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 10:04:50 PM »
oooooh ok then i misunderstood your problem lol my apologies

but ya screenshots, and a console report, would help :P

also - you might want to post your issue in one (or both lol) of his threads:
http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,1750.msg34858.html#new
http://bcscripters.com/forums/index.php/topic,994.msg16257.html#new

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 05:00:57 PM »
Ok, so I remembered that I do infact have other scripts, I have the stargatepack, gravity FX and Slipstream as well.  I did manage to get a report for you, although I looked at it and didn't see anything useful

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 05:04:15 PM »
I'm interrested in knowing how you are going through the list. Since you do appear to be having a scroller issue.
As in, missing due to a height problem (try deactivating Sneakers Menu Scroller just in case).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 05:13:14 PM »
I'm interrested in knowing how you are going through the list. Since you do appear to be having a scroller issue.
As in, missing due to a height problem (try deactivating Sneakers Menu Scroller just in case).
actually since the scroller was missing I just used the arrow keys.  and guess what, I had just done that and it works fine now, it even has a scroller, it is interesting how that works, seeing as the scroller was missing until I deactivated the thing that is supposed to enable it. hmm.
thanks all, for the help.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 05:17:46 PM »
I take it the sovereign bridge is back?

Also, as a clarification, the sizes used aren't always the same on diffrent resolutions, which is the cause of the mutator problems.
Though, I'm fairly sure I remember a debugging session with Mark to correct this problem (so you can have the mutator on without adverse effects), so it should have been with all the latest bridges.