Author Topic: To Warp or Not to Warp Mission problem  (Read 1256 times)

raynethackery

To Warp or Not to Warp Mission problem
« on: November 02, 2007, 04:23:18 AM »
Hi,

I searched the forums for this but I didn't come up with anything.

I installed the SP mission 'To Warp or Not to Warp' in QBR 2.3. When I go to the Custom Missions menu and click on QuickBattleGame I just get the BSOD. I checked the Quick Battle Game directory and the mission file is there. I've attached the console report. Thanks.

Offline lint

• Cookies: 211
Re: To Warp or Not to Warp Mission problem
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 10:17:09 AM »
i have no idea, but i can bet you $100 Mleo will give you the solution :)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 10:32:36 AM »
I'm afraid I currently don't know the answer.

Does the Custom directory (scripts/Custom) have an __init__.py(c) file?
Did you install the Foundation (I assume you did)?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 11:10:29 AM »
Hmmm, do you have ALL the ships necessary?
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 11:34:31 AM »
Hmmm, do you have ALL the ships necessary?
The error he's having isn't about that.
It's saying it can't find QuickBattleGame (QBR). Even though it created the button.

If you have Unified Main Menu installed, did you install the latest?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

raynethackery

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 12:39:06 AM »
I have Foundation installed. I do not have UMM installed. I installed QBAutostart 0.9.1. Could that be affecting it?I tried the other buttons under Custom Missions/ and I got the BSOD for them as well. When I did a console report I got the same error except that the missing module name was whatever button I clicked. The readme for the 'To Warp or Not To Warp' mission says it uses QBR 2.2. Could that be the problem? Thanks for all your help so far.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 10:12:42 AM »
it sounds like you have everything; QBA should be fine with all the QBR missions, and altho it requires QBR 2.2, the latest 2.3 version should be fine...  perhaps reinstall QBR 2.3?

EDIT:  ive just tried the QBR mission, and it seemed just fine on my install... 

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 12:14:28 PM »
Do you have the file: scripts/Custom/QuickBattleGame/QuickBattleGame.py?

raynethackery

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 05:53:12 PM »
I do have the scripts/Custom/QuickBattleGame/QuickBattleGame.py file. The 'To Warp or Not To Warp' .py file is there as well. My current install does not have KM 1.0. I did have an install with KM 1.0 before and I could access the custom missions that came with it. I guess I'll try installing KM 1.0 again. I was trying to customize my own install so I could learn how things work together. Luckily, I do have a backup install of BC. <sigh> I need another hard drive. I'll let you know if I get it to work under KM 1.0.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 05:59:42 PM »
If the file isn't there, then you didn't install the one critical requirement for the custom mission.
QuickBattle Replacement.
It's in KM, but also as a seperate install. Check BCFiles for version 2.3

raynethackery

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 06:28:10 PM »
Ok. I installed KM 1.0. I reinstalled 'To Warp...'. I went to Missions/Custom Missions/ and clicked QuickBattleGame. It drops me into a QuickBattle setup screen with me in an Ambassador class ship. I haven't read the KM manual yet, but I'm sure there is something about it in there. Anyway, there was no 'To Warp...' under the QuickBattleGame button. You know how when there are other options under a button there is an arrow to the left of the button. Well there isn't an arrow on the QuickBattle button. Of course now I don't know if 'To Warp..' just doesn't work under KM or if I'm a complete idiot. I checked the scripts/custom/QuickBattleGame/ directory. Both the QuickBattleGame.py and the 'To Warp...".py files are there. There is also a Missions/ directory. Should 'To Warp...' go under there? I downloaded 'To Warp...' again and tried reinstalling it. Still no dice. I don't want to give up on this because like I said, I want to learn what and how different mods work together (or not :) ) Once again, thanks for the help. You will never find me complaining about mods or modders.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 06:40:03 PM »
I think it's under "File" (or load game).

[EDIT] Inside QBR

raynethackery

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 06:50:16 PM »
Ok. I found the 'To Warp...' mission. After I started QuickBattleGame, I went into configure/ under the XO menu and then to file/ and there it was. I loaded the setup and it worked. I still don't know why it didn't work under just QBR 2.3 and QBautostart 0.9.1. I even did a clean install of BC not just a copy of my backup. Oh well. So far KM is pretty good but I should rtfm. I'm still going to play around and see if I can get 'To Warp...' to work without KM. Thanks for all your help! :D

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 06:58:18 PM »
Aparently, you didn't install QBR correctly (and QBA is a seperate mod).

raynethackery

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2007, 11:46:52 PM »
You are correct MLeo. When I installed QBR it came up saying 'Foundation is not installed'. I clicked 'ok' and it continued to install, so I figured it was ok since it didn't terminate. After getting the mission to work under KM I figured that my QBR install must not be working. So I looked up QBR and Foundation at BCU forums and I found my answer. It has to be run in the main BC directory. It didn't say that in the readme. From now on if some installer doesn't work I will make sure I try running it in the BC directory before I bother anybody. Thanks for all your help. And see, I do have a better understanding of how things work. :)