Author Topic: Starfleet Generic Bridge Module (All Eras)  (Read 20254 times)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: Starfleet Generic Bridge Module (All Eras)
« Reply #180 on: January 18, 2009, 11:48:46 PM »
The red alert screen seems a bit barren. Perhaps a few lcars buttons around it that change colors as well (similar to EF2's "Dallas"?)

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #181 on: January 19, 2009, 08:08:20 AM »
That would be impossible. The Red Alert screen is a texture projected over other textures (in this case rearlcars2 and helm) and it's full from side to side. I can give you computer panels that animate around it, but map switching on this bridge would just look terrible as the displays were designed to be animated.

Offline Barihawk

• My Released Work
« Reply #182 on: January 22, 2009, 03:06:10 PM »
Does anyone have any further comments/cookies/criticism for me as I wrap up ETNGv2? Or for any of the other bridges mind you. I'm starting to take the lack of discussion in this topic as of late as a lack of interest and to be honest it's getting hard for me to find the motivation to finish these projects. I have several projects on the table from the Olympic Bridge, to the TMP and MidTNG generics, and I've even begun preliminary work on a makeover of the Defiant bridge with up to date textures (and it is a very frustrating set to work with, let me tell you).

So can you guys please present criticism/comments (read: not demands) or just tell me I'm doing a good job?

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #183 on: January 22, 2009, 03:08:42 PM »
I was just thinking, could we get one pic of each bridge ou've been working on? I've forgotten some of things you've been doing :oops:. I need inspiration for my ones.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #184 on: January 22, 2009, 03:10:49 PM »
I'm starting to take the lack of discussion in this topic as of late as a lack of interest
please never confuse the two as being the same...
youre doing an awesome job - keep it goin!  :)

ill be surely including your retextures into my install - i cant wait to see what youll do next :)(*coughhopefullymaybeaTNGConnieretextmaybe?cough*) lol :P

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #185 on: January 22, 2009, 03:32:32 PM »
Please, I misinterpreted interest once and it got me down. Till the Arcadia mkII hit 1000 donwloads :P.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Barihawk

• My Released Work
« Reply #186 on: January 22, 2009, 05:55:31 PM »
I'm starting to take the lack of discussion in this topic as of late as a lack of interest

ill be surely including your retextures into my install - i cant wait to see what youll do next :)(*coughhopefullymaybeaTNGConnieretextmaybe?cough*) lol :P

*cough*maybebutthatsaterriblehardbridge*cough* :P

I'll try, it would be nice to work on a bridge with the shield displays (already have an idea in my head of what it would look like).

I'll get the pictures organized tomorrow likely.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #187 on: January 22, 2009, 08:53:46 PM »
aaah right - i recall you saying that once...

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #188 on: January 23, 2009, 03:35:37 AM »

I'll try, it would be nice to work on a bridge with the shield displays (already have an idea in my head of what it would look like).

I'll get the pictures organized tomorrow likely.

nah it's not too hard, ent-b bridge is the same as ent-a except shields display, helm stataion and rear wall... the only thing that is pain in a$$ is that it have whole one display station on single map so only on higher resolutions you'll get clean effects, shield display is easy (at least it was on yamaguchi bridge) just need to compine pieces (hull, lesft-right-fore-rear-top-bottom shield to one and there you get whole image of what you want to do with it (and what you can do) then when you have retextured it you chop it into pieces and it's ready (alphas must be altered as well) too bad that there is no place for nce msd tho.

Offline Barihawk

• My Released Work
« Reply #189 on: January 23, 2009, 08:41:20 AM »
The shield display isn't too bad, and I plan on adding effects to it as well.

The biggest pain in the ass on that bridge is the helm panel which is split levelled, so it takes a LOT of maneuvering to get it to come out right.

But yes, expect a very high resolution bridge. I will likely be reusing the LCARS from the MidTNG (the skeletons are further taking up shap) just in order to save time.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #190 on: January 23, 2009, 08:53:21 AM »
hehe I'd love to see NEM LCARS on TNG Connie bridge :D I could provide you with materials as I was up to make NEM Excelsior bridge but RL stuff pinned me down, what do you think about my proposal ???

Offline Barihawk

• My Released Work
« Reply #191 on: January 23, 2009, 09:11:38 AM »
Not sure about Nemesis Lcars, just seems a little too much since I intend to have this bridge be the USS Gagarin :P. The MSD should line up with most TNG styled constitutions out there.

Now, when it comes time for the Post-TNG generic bridge, I will definitely be able to use those LCARS :). They would really suit a dark grey and industrial looking bridge.

Offline Barihawk

• My Released Work
« Reply #192 on: February 09, 2009, 10:04:21 AM »
Again, due to a lack of interest/response, the Generic Bridge Module program is closed. It takes a lot of time and planning to make a generic bridge, and I've run out of ideas. I'll be opening up another thread for more localized bridges that should have higher quality and personality than these. I'll leave the details to that thread, though.

Will a moderator please lock this topic?