Author Topic: Problem(s) with Ftech  (Read 2622 times)

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
Re: Problem(s) with Ftech
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2007, 01:32:56 PM »
I have found a mistake in the TMP warp script featured in Adonis newest TMP ships: When I go to warp, the nacelles don't bright up. And when I drop out of warp, the nacelles stay bright.
Does someone else has this problem?
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2007, 01:37:46 PM »
I have found a mistake in the TMP warp script featured in Adonis newest TMP ships: When I go to warp, the nacelles don't bright up. And when I drop out of warp, the nacelles stay bright.
Does someone else has this problem?
Not a FTech problem.
Also, it's a Galaxy Chart thing (or so it appears):
http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,2206.msg39745.html#msg39745
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Picard_1

Guess what? I have more questions about FTECH
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 02:51:15 AM »
First of all, I figured out that FTECH didn't work because I altered the inaccurate phaser settings.
I reset the values to default and everything works fine. This of course leads to my first question.
Is it at all possible to change the values of Inaccurate Phasers, or remove the script entirely without 
consequences to FTECH technologies? I know you can use manual fire but it's rather tedious zooming
in and out of the target.

Next is about using second party techs from ATP 1 using ATP technologies scanner in FTECH. Of course
we know that KM 1.0 already includes portions of ATP, however I need to know if there are other major
differences between the scripts besides simple items like the sound fx for "Life Support.

Most importantly, if it is ok to install ATP 1, must I also install the ATP compatibility script "000-Fixes20060726"
or will that not be necessary in KM 1.0?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 05:13:16 PM »
If you can activate ATP without problems in KM, then you don't need the scanner.
And also not the compatibility script.
That is, if you can run ATP without problems.

The scanner is for when you don't have ATP installed, but have a lot of ATP enabled ships.
The compatibility fix is for when you have ATP installed and NanoFXv2Beta installed and nanofx after atp. Basicly, it just ensures that ATP won't complain.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.