Author Topic: CE Nebula Class Packs..... Coming soon.  (Read 24760 times)

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Cookies: 190
  • Captain - USS Explorer
    • Captain Elgy's Star Trek Files
Re: Working on my all time Favourite Ship!!
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 05:46:08 PM »
Scotchy's textures are a guide?

It sounds quite funny but I'm actually copying the hull details from the AMT ERTL Enterprise-D model kit which I've had for ages. With the Inner Hull lines I thought go for a lighter colour to contrast the darker aztec panels, I don't know if scotchy did something similar with his original textures.

Being objective though, I suppose they do resemble scotchy's textures. Though I think my colour scheme is slightly darker than the work he did.
  :)

Offline ModderMan

• Freaky Old School
  • Cookies: 2
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 10:37:37 PM »
lol I knew that's what you would work on next :) can't wait to see more :D

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 10:43:11 PM »
hey glenn, who's mesh are using for this?  Is it the p81 mesh, or an sns bash?

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2007, 12:38:50 AM »
Great work so far Glenn!

And thanks for making one with the squarish deflector dish.... Unless it's a totally new design like the Century Class or Victory Class.... canon is king  :D

Offline lint

• Cookies: 211
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2007, 03:57:19 AM »
nice stuff man!,
i have a mesh of a Nebula class that equals if not is better than the cgi version,
If you unhappy with any parts on the this beauty your doing and having trouble modeling let me know,
I can send you some pics either way if you want :)

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Captain - USS Explorer
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2007, 10:00:32 AM »
hey glenn, who's mesh are using for this?  Is it the p81 mesh, or an sns bash?

It's Nebula Class by a guy named Erazoren, probably the most canon version that is currently available, I beta tested it for him last year.

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Erazorens_Nebula_pack_preview_USS_Endeavour;65976x#949813

It has elements of the p81 Nebula in the original mesh, most notably the nacelles, but I swapped them and the deflector for the one's from the Galaxy Class I released a few weeks back. After a bit of rescaling they fitted nicely into place. Checkout the first image in this thread to view the changes I've made.

nice stuff man!,
i have a mesh of a Nebula class that equals if not is better than the cgi version,
If you unhappy with any parts on the this beauty your doing and having trouble modeling let me know,
I can send you some pics either way if you want :)

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind!!. If I get stuck I know now where to come lol. :wink:

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
Re: Nebula Class WiP
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2007, 11:30:33 AM »
So looking good so far.  LOL I need to learn how to texture/map badly LOL

Roger
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2007, 12:19:39 PM »
Also this is a call to everyone.... I want to make this Nebula Class as canon as possible, I'm on the lookout for any resource material, pictures, reference photos of the studio model. I've got those from Ex Astris Scientia but you can never have enough photos. (Nebula.....hope you can here this lol!!)  :D
He d*mn well better be able to help!  :P

Looking good, I can't wait to see it finished. There are a couple of pics of the studio model at
http://www.starshipmodeler.com/trek/ds9tech.htm
don't know if you already have them.
Nice find.  I have that same site bookmarked.

It sounds quite funny but I'm actually copying the hull details from the AMT ERTL Enterprise-D model kit which I've had for ages. With the Inner Hull lines I thought go for a lighter colour to contrast the darker aztec panels, I don't know if scotchy did something similar with his original textures.

Being objective though, I suppose they do resemble scotchy's textures. Though I think my colour scheme is slightly darker than the work he did.
If you're going for canon, as you say, you'll definitely want to stop referencing the AMT model kit immediately.  Model kits are notorious for inaccuracies.  Only reference shots of the studio model and shots from the shows if you want to get a canon ship.  A few ortho views are also good, but you have to be very careful when looking for accurate ones (thoroughly studying screenshots from the show help tremendously with this task).

Anyway, this looks like a great start.  Keep it up! :)

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2007, 12:32:17 PM »
The AMT kit for the Galaxy was pretty good for being accurate.  I built about ten over the years.

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2007, 01:01:36 PM »
I also think the AMT/Ertl kit was accurate, the only thing wasn't accurate was the forward windows just above the Captain's Yacht that weren't present on the kit...Thank heavens for Don's Light and Magic lol.

anyways, this is looking great.

Will this be just one ship though Glenn?  Or will it be a pack?

Roger W.
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Captain - USS Explorer
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2007, 02:00:55 PM »
Will this be just one ship though Glenn?  Or will it be a pack?

It will definitly come complete with alternate Deflector Textures, one Studio Model based and one CGI. Also an unaltered Nif file with the square deflector.

With regards to a pack it is possible, though I haven't really thought about as yet. If I do decide to mod a pack, then there will be some canon registries and well as some requested ones.

This also brings up another question, If you people want a pack.... do you also want the Sensor Pod variant including as well!?
 :?

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Captain - USS Explorer
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2007, 10:40:16 AM »
Update.

I've finished the textures to the Bridge Module. I've taken a little bit of artistic licence here since this area of the Nebula Studio Model isn't as detailed as The Galaxy. For instance there are no Escape Pods, There is also a pic of the studio model for reference.

All thoughts and comments welcome!!  :)

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2007, 11:59:07 AM »
yeah umm don't know what to say... hmm... if you have a messenger catch me... its better to pick your brain that way and show you what needs to be done.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2007, 03:44:18 PM »
Excellent work Glenn!

Personally, I'd just like 1 ship to be released and not a pack. Seems like there have been a greater percentage of packs released lately as compared to single ships. Not that packs aren't cool... it's just that I sometimes like just one, clean, nice, elegant ship.

Hmmm, maybe a single release and then a pack to follow?

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2007, 04:12:13 AM »
Lookin good!

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Captain - USS Explorer
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2007, 07:28:32 AM »
Thanks, I may redo the bridge dome though. Just doesn't looks canon enough too me:(

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2007, 01:16:51 PM »
if you want, i can send you the bridge area from my galaxy class.  I'll just detach a copy from the mesh and save it as a textureless .3ds file.

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Captain - USS Explorer
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2007, 02:57:50 PM »
Cheers DJ, but I think I'll be fine with this one. It's just the textures that I didn't like.

I've made changes to the bridge module, added thrusters and sensor palettes.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2007, 03:01:01 PM »
cool.  it looks better already.

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2007, 03:22:54 PM »
This is turning out great :) can't wait for more :D