Author Topic: CE Nebula Class Packs..... Coming soon.  (Read 24756 times)

Offline rengers

• Cookies: 306
  • ship modeler
Re: Nebula Class WiP
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2007, 04:23:01 PM »
Agreed, excellent work so far :D

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2007, 05:55:00 PM »
nice :)
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2007, 04:11:57 PM »
The AMT kit for the Galaxy was pretty good for being accurate.  I built about ten over the years.
I also think the AMT/Ertl kit was accurate, the only thing wasn't accurate was the forward windows just above the Captain's Yacht that weren't present on the kit...Thank heavens for Don's Light and Magic lol.

anyways, this is looking great.

Will this be just one ship though Glenn?  Or will it be a pack?

Roger W.
I stand corrected.  Glad to hear there's at least one model kit out there that's fairly accurate.

The bridge looks much better, by the way.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2007, 04:27:38 PM »
Are you going to keep the impulse engines and deflector dish the same as they were, model wise, on Erazons version? Thats the only thing I didnt like about the one CR made, because the deflector and impulse engines looked like they were recycled from an old Galaxy class.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2007, 09:30:19 PM »
see, thats weird cuz i actually prefer them to be very similiar to a Galaxy Class (even if it isnt 100% canon or whatever)...  IMO it ties the two ships even closer...

ah well, to each his own i guess...  :)

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2007, 09:42:16 PM »
Perhaps a poll would be beneficial to this thread. Between the 2 different versions (galaxy kitbash or Erazons imterpritation). Thats upto Glenn though.

Offline Shion

• Cookies: 4
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2007, 03:22:29 AM »
Well, already have an excellent "galaxy kitbash" CGI version pack done by CR.  Though I'm biased as I really want to see an "Ultimate" Nebula, thats as cannon to the studio model as possible.  Though I know it has no bearing on Glenn's decision.

Either way of course, the texture work is amazing.  And the final product will be awesome no matter which way you decide to take it.

Offline cpthooker

• Cookies: 37
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2007, 08:19:38 AM »
Looks good so far

'As a matter of cosmic history, it has always been easier to destroy, than to create.'
Capt Spock - The Wrath of Khan

PC Spec
Athlon X2 Skt AM2 6000+, 4GB DDR2 800 Ram
XFX Geforce 8800 ultra, Vista Ultimate 64bit

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Cookies: 190
  • Captain - USS Explorer
    • Captain Elgy's Star Trek Files
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2007, 02:53:38 PM »
Well, already have an excellent "galaxy kitbash" CGI version pack done by CR.  Though I'm biased as I really want to see an "Ultimate" Nebula, thats as cannon to the studio model as possible.  Though I know it has no bearing on Glenn's decision.

Either way of course, the texture work is amazing.  And the final product will be awesome no matter which way you decide to take it.

Actually your words have a great deal of bearing on what this finally end up being.  :D

CR did some really excellent work on his Nebula Pack which was released last year, I class his version of the Nebula to be far closer to the CGI model than the studio one.

I will "Definitely" be keeping Erazorens impulse engines, as I've said I want this to be as close to the studio model as possible. All of the model tweaks and alterations have already been made, I may adjust a few more things but not until the textures are 100% complete.

Some good questions there folks, anymore suggestions please post 'em here
:wink:

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Captain - USS Explorer
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2007, 12:58:01 PM »
Update.  :D

Hi folks, I hope everyone is well and getting ready for Christmas!!  :spartasanta:

I've completed the basic ventral saucer textures and have altered the UV maps. I've also reconstructed a good portion of the model, New nacelles pylons have been added and the engineering section has been rescaled since it looked a little flatter than it should. More on these updates later.

Also, I've textured the Captains yacht and the saucer cargo bays. There is still a little more to do on these after which I'll begin adding details and regs to the saucer.
  :D

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2007, 01:12:28 PM »

Actually your words have a great deal of bearing on what this finally end up being.  :D

CR did some really excellent work on his Nebula Pack which was released last year, I class his version of the Nebula to be far closer to the CGI model than the studio one.

I will "Definitely" be keeping Erazorens impulse engines, as I've said I want this to be as close to the studio model as possible. All of the model tweaks and alterations have already been made, I may adjust a few more things but not until the textures are 100% complete.

Some good questions there folks, anymore suggestions please post 'em here

That right there just earnt you a cookie, LOL.

What about the deflector? Are you changing it to look similar to CRs deflector on his Neb, or are you keeping Erazons one?

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Captain - USS Explorer
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2007, 01:39:52 PM »
What about the deflector? Are you changing it to look similar to CRs deflector on his Neb, or are you keeping Erazons one?

There will be two seperate Nifs included in the download. One will have the rounded galaxy(ish) deflector and the other will have the original square one.

It will be up to the player as to which version they would rather use.

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Captain - USS Explorer
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2007, 06:14:59 PM »
Update.  :)

I've finished work on the Upper Saucer windows, phaser arrays and transporter panels. I've gone for a two tone colour for the phasers as it make them look a little more realistic. 8)

Further updates will be posted once I get my Christmas Shopping sorted!!
  :(

Offline rengers

• Cookies: 306
  • ship modeler
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2007, 06:33:23 PM »
Excellent work :D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2007, 07:59:21 AM »

There will be two seperate Nifs included in the download. One will have the rounded galaxy(ish) deflector and the other will have the original square one.

It will be up to the player as to which version they would rather use.
thats awesome to hear!  :D
of course, i would have installed it anyway, despite the deflector; but it is very neat to hear we can choose which "style" we would prefer!
thank you for that!

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2007, 02:48:19 PM »
heh good idea but I bet you can guess which one I am choosing

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Captain - USS Explorer
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2007, 03:03:21 PM »
heh good idea but I bet you can guess which one I am choosing

Hehe.... I'm pretty sure I know which one your going for Neb!! :wink:

I'll do the best job I possibly can, though I have a problem now on what colour to texture the Escape Pods. I thought about going for a yellow(ish) colour similar to the Transporter Panels, or a grey colour but I'm not sure how they will look when placed on top of the aztecs.

Any thoughts, comments and advice are all welcome!!
  :D

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2007, 03:13:51 PM »
hmm try for a color similar to DJ's escape pods 

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations Founder, UUM Art Director, Renderer, Texturer, Graphical Artist
  • Cookies: 48
  • Founder of MeteorCreations
    • MeteorCreations
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2007, 03:23:23 PM »
Looks great so far, cant wait to see more!
Have a look at my website MeteorCreations

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2007, 03:25:30 PM »
I agree with neb.  Your textures are distinct from the SNS ones, in that they're more crisp and defined, they look very good.  But the color scheme is very SNS, rather than what appears on TV.  Remember that Scotchy took the colors from the 6ft model after it was repainted and touched up for ST:Generations, so those aren't the colors from the show.  Overall though, I've gotta say you're doing a helluva job with these textures.