Author Topic: BSG, Caprica, Blood and Chrome series topic discussion - May Contain Spoilers  (Read 67755 times)

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
RE: BSG, Caprica, Blood and Chrome series topic discussion - May Contain Spoilers
« Reply #1040 on: November 14, 2012, 01:03:26 PM »
I really don't mind the visuals.  At all. :idk:

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
RE: BSG, Caprica, Blood and Chrome series topic discussion - May Contain Spoilers
« Reply #1041 on: November 14, 2012, 02:36:11 PM »
I really don't mind the visuals.  At all. :idk:

Agreed.  And the story is shaping up nicely.  Good stuff!

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #1042 on: November 14, 2012, 03:33:05 PM »
Agreed.  And the story is shaping up nicely.  Good stuff!

I do :dontcare: when people complained about lens flares/bloom overkill in STXI I was like "yeah, there are some lens flares but it's all still kept in kind of elegant and reasonable way" then B&CH came ... :facepalm: now I can see what lens flare/bloom overdose means ...

Offline FarShot

« Reply #1043 on: November 14, 2012, 05:45:19 PM »
Actually, I thought XI did it worse.  But I don't rate something based on the fact that the sun is hitting the lens or a display is hard to read because of bloom.  The story is good, the characters are interesting, and the CGI is amazing, even if it gets a little bright.

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #1044 on: November 14, 2012, 05:49:07 PM »
Anyone else love her war time configuration? If she'd been like that in the series they wouldn't need to find Earth!  :funny

Looking forward to seeing Blood and Chrome in its entirety and uncensored

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #1045 on: November 15, 2012, 02:56:36 AM »
Yes, Galactica now looks like a war machine, she even puts Pegasus into shame ;) I love the she's armored and main guns on forward hull looks intimidating, it will be really cool to see her in combat with all the equipment attached to her :D

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #1046 on: November 15, 2012, 02:20:53 PM »
I just want to see if they introduce the "first" version of Number 6.... naked.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #1047 on: November 15, 2012, 02:34:31 PM »
why dont the interiors look anything familiar?  is it me?  i would think, even tho it is 20 years ago, that inside the ship would look pretty much the same as the recent series...  maybe i should watch it again, but CIC (and the hangar bay) look nothing like how we are already familiar with it?
also, they should have used the same actor who played young adama from the webisodes, at least he sounded much like the older adama from the series...

Offline FarShot

« Reply #1048 on: November 15, 2012, 03:46:24 PM »
CIC looks about the same size, just viewed from a side.  The room looks larger because usually in the series you see it from the center, so the walls are half the distance versus looking across the entire room.  As for the hanger bay, I think the ceiling may be removed.  There didn't seems to be room in the series to house a full squadron of Vipers, so I always assumed there were more service decks and such.  The design looks the same though.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #1049 on: November 15, 2012, 05:17:29 PM »
ill have to look at CIC closer then i guess...  to me, it looked completely different...  that made it lose points to me...

Offline Trim

• BCN/BCU Veteran
  • Cookies: 74
  • Moderator of redundancy Moderator
« Reply #1050 on: November 15, 2012, 07:29:04 PM »
Look at it like this, the Galactica was on the verge of being decommissioned and turned into a museum.  It would stand to reason that they may have removed a lot of the equipment from CIC and the hangar bays to be used on other ships in the fleet.  Wouldn't make much sense to leave that kinda stuff just sitting around collecting dust if it could be used elsewhere.  Just my take on it anyways.   :dontcare:

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #1051 on: November 15, 2012, 09:18:55 PM »
thats just silly lol :P

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #1052 on: November 16, 2012, 05:38:11 AM »
Look at it like this, the Galactica was on the verge of being decommissioned and turned into a museum.  It would stand to reason that they may have removed a lot of the equipment from CIC and the hangar bays to be used on other ships in the fleet.  Wouldn't make much sense to leave that kinda stuff just sitting around collecting dust if it could be used elsewhere.  Just my take on it anyways.   :dontcare:

They can do that ? I mean, is it possible that when a ship is being decomissioned and permanently docked then converted to a museum (like USS Missouri or even ORP Blyskawica) do they strip these ships of equipment ? I'm asking cuz I'm not sure as I've never been to any of these ;)

CIC looked more crowded but I remember I've seen it in BSG from the angle used in B&CH

Hangar bay is full of equipment and might appear taller due to vipers being kept above the hangar floor, also it's war so just like CIC, hangar is much more crowded than it was in BSG (as far as i can remember Galactica had only one squadron of mk7, handfull of Raptors and one or two squadrons of restored mk2 Vipers... considering how much armor plating and guns were striped from Galactica it is safe to say they also took 90 % of her Vipers :)

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #1053 on: November 16, 2012, 06:29:15 AM »
To me CIC looked completely different and enlarged which makes sense as it is war time.

Hanger deck is almost the same except for an expanded upper level and also windows/control booths above the launch tubes.

While I like the meaner Galactica the ship doesn't match with how we saw her in Operation Raptor Talon at the end of the War. She looked the same as she did during the series. Maybe by then new battlestars and support ships had come online meaning the number of Vipers and amount of weapons carried by each of the original battlestars could be reduced.

Then during the 40 years to her decommissioning Galactica is refitted to support a smaller crew and newer aircraft

Offline Trim

• BCN/BCU Veteran
« Reply #1054 on: November 16, 2012, 07:04:55 AM »
Good point, look how many times the interiors of the Enterprise changed from ST 1-6.

Offline BFGfreak

• Cookies: 3
    • My Twitch.TV livestreaming channel
« Reply #1055 on: November 16, 2012, 01:14:50 PM »
New episode is now up.

Looks like they're releasing 2 episodes every Friday, not sure why they don't just combine those 2 episodes and call it one episode, I guess it's just to pad out how many episodes there are.
In the battle of ghosts vs robots, robots always win....except in anime.
-Sarge

Offline Trim

• BCN/BCU Veteran
« Reply #1056 on: November 16, 2012, 06:59:51 PM »
Just watched, pretty good IMO.   :thumbsup:

Offline Cube

• Cookies: 5
    • DJcube
« Reply #1057 on: November 16, 2012, 07:20:59 PM »
Good, but I want to see Galactica.

As for the look of the CIC: One thing I noticed in B&C straight away was the second level in the CIC - something I never noticed on BSG until the final episode. So a lot of it may be angles.

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #1058 on: November 16, 2012, 07:52:18 PM »
Also the Commander of that ship reminded me of Admiral Cain

Two Halo:Forward Unto Dawn actors were in today's episode.

Both of them Played a Laskey

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #1059 on: November 17, 2012, 07:55:30 AM »
Loving it! Decided to stop watching it in full HD and it helped with the 'bloom' effect.

So great seeing more of the Colonial Fleet. Just keeps getting better and better