Author Topic: BSG, Caprica, Blood and Chrome series topic discussion - May Contain Spoilers  (Read 67620 times)

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
That was the best episode of anything[/b]. Ever.

Thread over.  Go home.

Offline Shinzon

• Cookies: 9
im still hyper-ventilating... seriously, i dont think there has been a better episode of any show ever made. This includes star trek.

Offline MickJo

• Cookies: 7
Its taken me a few times for the ep too sink in, some wonderful person has uploaded it to youtube.

Also high rez shots of the battlescenes can be found here

Pegasus

Vedry nice find :)

Offline Shinzon

• Cookies: 9
nice pics, one of them is now my desktop (the one with galactica under attack).

Offline MickJo

(SPOILERS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED)

Now that the Pegasus is gone, a lot of questions have been raised:

-  Because Galactica has 2 Air Wings, will they have to ready the Starboard Flight Pod for service to accomodate so many Vipers and Raptors on a single Battlestar?.

-  Will/Could the Galactica have the ability to produce their own Vipers now that the contruction personel are no longer on Pegasus?.

-  What will the command structure of Galactica be, Lee is a Commander and outranks Tigh so should he be XO?, or will he return as CAG?. Will Bill be demoted to Commander again as he is no longer in charge of 2 ships?.

-  Now that Galactica has more than a full crew complement, will they upgrade her. With the technical knowledge of the Pegasus crew and all the time in the world what enhancements could they make to Galactica.

-  What kind of permanent damage has Galactica sustained from the Intra-Atmosphere Jump and the attack of the Cylons. From the look of the armour during the fleet reunited shot, it could be severe.

-  Tom Zarek is Vice President, with Baltar AWOL will he retain his place or will he be deposed along with the current government.

-  Can the show go on the way it used to be, a single Battlestar running from the Cylons to find Earth after all the developments both character and story wise with Pegasus. Pulling this one off should prove quite a challange for Ron Moore and his team...

Also just for the sheer greatness, The Battle of New Caprica Courtesy Of YouTube.

Offline MickJo

Sorry, double post

Offline 1701-E

• Cookies: 0
Very nice find with those pics indeed.

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
best... episode... ever.... nuff said.

&mode=related&search=

LOL

Weasel

Quote from: MickJo
(SPOILERS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED)

Now that the Pegasus is gone, a lot of questions have been raised:

-  Because Galactica has 2 Air Wings, will they have to ready the Starboard Flight Pod for service to accomodate so many Vipers and Raptors on a single Battlestar?.

-  Will/Could the Galactica have the ability to produce their own Vipers now that the contruction personel are no longer on Pegasus?.

-  What will the command structure of Galactica be, Lee is a Commander and outranks Tigh so should he be XO?, or will he return as CAG?. Will Bill be demoted to Commander again as he is no longer in charge of 2 ships?.

-  Now that Galactica has more than a full crew complement, will they upgrade her. With the technical knowledge of the Pegasus crew and all the time in the world what enhancements could they make to Galactica.

-  What kind of permanent damage has Galactica sustained from the Intra-Atmosphere Jump and the attack of the Cylons. From the look of the armour during the fleet reunited shot, it could be severe.

-  Tom Zarek is Vice President, with Baltar AWOL will he retain his place or will he be deposed along with the current government.

-  Can the show go on the way it used to be, a single Battlestar running from the Cylons to find Earth after all the developments both character and story wise with Pegasus. Pulling this one off should prove quite a challange for Ron Moore and his team...

Also just for the sheer greatness, The Battle of New Caprica Courtesy Of YouTube.

Time is short, so I'll try yo be brief...

1.) It's logical that the starboard pod should be repaired, it should have been done during last season's end, IMO.
It's unknown exactly how many Vipers and Raptors remain in total, so it's impossible to know whether or not the surviving numbers can be supported by one flight deck. Logic states that the purpose of a carrier is to launch and support combat operations with as many strikers as possible.
During combat operations, the USN maximises carrier efficiency by utilizing as many available air-facilites aboard the carrier as possible.
ATM, Galactica is at 50% capability, despite the dramatic increase in her air-wing.  

2.) Production of anything requires, A. Resources, and B. Tool/Facilites.
The knowledge and skills of engineers and techs are needed to build, but without the other two variables, I don't see how they could produce much of anything.

3.) I'll just take a guess and say I think Lee will return to duty as CAG, Tigh will be promoted to Cmdr. and continue to serve as XO, Bill will retain the rank of Adm. due to the fact that ATM, he is functioning as CINC.

4.) I'll have to say, refer to #2.)
Production of fighters is one thing, but upgrades on a ship of that scale would require even more resources and facilites, and typically would also require the inactivation of the ship as well.

5.) Obviously, they currently have manuevering and propulsion, FTL, power, life support, DRADIS, comms, and a funtional flight deck.
That said, I'd have to agree with your analysis- the damage is likely both extensive, and severe. Galactica was almost destroyed by hostile fire before Peg showed up, and was definatley showing wear and tear after free-falling through that atmosphere.  

But given the proper facilites, and man-power- even critically damaged carriers were put back to sea in record time by dock-workers during WWII.  
However, that dreaded #2.) keeps rearing it's ugly head.

6.) Clearly the current government must be deposed. Baltar could not be viewed by any of the Colonists as anything but a traitor, and worthy of state execution. Zarek wasn't part of Baltar's office after the Cylons took control, and was even to be executed by the Cylons along with Rosalin.
Due to her massive popularity, I expect that Rosalin will regain her position of President, possibly with Zarek as her VP.

7.) I don't really see a problem. The characters are still there, just aboard a different ship. Galactica's mission is still ongoing. It will be harder without  two carriers, but the Cylons are going to have to catch up with the Colonists as well.

Offline MickJo

nice analysis Weasel, some really good things i didnt think of...

Offline Revan999

At any rate it won't belong before my signature is right about what will happen to the big G
Julian Bashir: They broke seven of your transverse ribs and fractured your clavicle!

Elim Garak: Ah, but I got off several cutting remarks which no doubt did serious damage to their egos.

Weasel

Quote from: Revan999
At any rate it won't belong before my signature is right about what will happen to the big G

If so, then clearly, you must know more than I- and if that's the case, I'd prefer that you keep it to yourself. :wink:

Some of us prefer to watch the show unravel one episode at a time- and these days, I have few things that I can enjoy and look forward to like this show.

Offline RCgothic

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 51
No, the Galactica will be safe until the final epsiode or two of the entire show.

However, she just took a hell of a beating. From dialogue the port side has reached it's structural limits, and she really was so close to being destroyed. There is some damage that just cannot be repaired without a spacedock, and Big G just took a crapload of it.
I think she won't be able to stand toe to toe with a baseship anymore, and that's going to have serious repercussions for the fleet.
The scars Galactica just earned are going to stick around for a helluva long time.

Offline Revan999

Quote from: RCgothic
No, the Galactica will be safe until the final epsiode or two of the entire show.

However, she just took a hell of a beating. From dialogue the port side has reached it's structural limits, and she really was so close to being destroyed. There is some damage that just cannot be repaired without a spacedock, and Big G just took a crapload of it.
I think she won't be able to stand toe to toe with a baseship anymore, and that's going to have serious repercussions for the fleet.
The scars Galactica just earned are going to stick around for a helluva long time.

Still it's heavly damaged, I don't know really what good it is to the fleet anymore besides beds for people and a place for vipers and raptors o_0
Julian Bashir: They broke seven of your transverse ribs and fractured your clavicle!

Elim Garak: Ah, but I got off several cutting remarks which no doubt did serious damage to their egos.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
It's the fleets main source of water.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Weasel

As a carrier, at least in terms of the show, it's still in the game. A place to nest the Vipers and Raptors is still the Galactica's primary reason for existence.

Offline MickJo

Current Season 3 Ratings:

3x01 Occupation - 1.8
3x02 Precipice - 1.8
3x03 Exodus Part I - 1.6
3x04 Exodus Part I - 1.4/1.2 (multiple souces, unconfirmed)

What the hell is going on?, why have people stopped watching?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
I think most people watched SG1 first and just, rolled on to SGA and BSG.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline MickJo

Well if it brings BSG's ratings back to there peak, put the pile of crap back on the tv.

Its on one of those mid-season breaks now, but if people are refusing to watch Battlestar just because Sci-Fi cancelled SG, they are destroying the best show ever made for tv.